I am Carey Evans, of Christchurch, New Zealand; a New Zealand Wikipedian. I have a typically irregularly maintained home page at http://carey.geek.nz/, and email sent to my Gmail address will reach me eventually.
I discovered Wikipedia on 26 September 2001, when it was running at www.wikipedia.com on the UseModWiki software, and there were only about 12 500 articles. I tend to contribute in short bursts, mostly cleaning up pages on topics that interest me.
The pronunciation of my given name is /ˈkɛərɪ/ in IPA, that is, to rhyme with Mary.
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
So far, I've made contributions beyond just copyediting to at least the following pages, most recent first:
- List of trees of New Zealand: Rimu and others
- Fluoride (moved from Fluorine after some discussion)
- Tequila and Martini
- Islands of New Zealand: Arapawa Island, D'Urville Island, Great Barrier Island
- Food additive and list of food additives
- CNO cycle and proton-proton chain
- Insertion sort
- University of Canterbury
- New Zealand English
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- God Defend New Zealand, NZ's national anthem
I made a list a while ago of pages that I thought I should work on:
- Treaty of Waitangi
- Mount Cook
- Articles about Bic Runga, The Feelers, Zed, Salmonella Dub, Stellar, Weta (band) (and about the Weta too, actually), Tadpole (band), Fur Patrol, and smaller bands like Seven Tongues, She's Insane, etc.
- Most of the links on New Zealand English.
- Christchurch, New Zealand and other New Zealand cities; see city listing and WikiProject U.S. States.
- Canterbury, New Zealand
- Colleges and universities: University of Canterbury, Lincoln University, New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington, etc.
- Islands of the world: Fill in NZ islands especially, also Line Islands, Marshall Islands. See http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/, among others.