|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I would like to pull back from most of the high conflict articles I've edited over the years, but BLP issues especially keep dragging me back in. I've been feeling like Wikipedia just can't deal with the really problematic editors any more, from fanatical POV pushing to even wikihounding and harassment. (Long lists of solid diffs proving various policy violations can be discredited by hysterical counter-charges with nary a diff!) This is aggravated by the fact that so many editors are anonymous and too many never "get" the principle that presenting a neutral, balanced and credible project is more important than pushing a POV or just getting their way in an argument. We'll see what happens.
- Keep beefing up Help resources, including with dramatic and amusing videos, and even video games, as well as recruit and support mentors.
- Hire a couple hundred part-time admins to deal with problematic behavior and chronic policy violators, especially regarding Biographies of Living Persons. (There must be some way around the alleged legal problems with the Foundation paying for it! And let's make them half women, if we really want more women editors.)
- Take POV editing more seriously, especially by editors who chronically add only negative material in a certain topic area because it supports their POV and thus create conflict and disruption.
- Have admins more freely recommend mentoring or Wikibreaks, or more frequently impose more short blocks to give editors time to consider their problematic editing.
- Give out "Worst Edit" awards each week for most originally researched, poorly sourced, biased/absurd/ridiculous edits. (Only mention edits by Anon IPs or editors with at least 1000 edits, sharing only diffs and quotes.)
Running list to be continued...