|John Patrick Asher
Somewhere in Israel, 2014
12 January 1991 |
|Spouse(s)||Dalia (m. 2013)|
|Service/branch||Israel Defense Forces|
|Years of service||2012–|
- Welcome to userpage of J P Asher, who uses the Wikipedia handle Cliftonian. I am a coordinator of the Military history WikiProject, and, in real life, an Israeli Army soldier. You can use the menu at the top right (beneath your search bar) to navigate easily between pages in my userspace, including my talk page, article list, awards and library. Please feel free to contact me if there's any way I can lend a hand with something. Thanks, and have a great day!
O Valiant Hearts, who to your glory came,
Through dust of conflict and through battle flame;
Tranquil you lie, your knightly virtue proved,
Your memory hallowed in the land you loved.
Proudly you gathered, rank on rank, to war
As who had heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave,
To save mankind—yourself you scorned to save.
Splendid you passed, the great surrender made,
Into the light that nevermore shall fade;
Deep your contentment in that blest abode,
Who wait the last clear trumpet call of God.
—John Stanhope Arkwright (1872–1954), 1919
- I have lived in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Zimbabwe and Israel.
- I have spent many long periods in the United States—principally California, but also New York, North Carolina and other states in between.
- I have travelled in France, Canada ( Quebec and Ontario), Sweden, Italy and Russia.
- I have also visited Bermuda, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Gibraltar, Spain, the Vatican, Ireland, Mozambique and South Africa, each for less than a week.
- I support Luton Town Football Club and the Israel national football team. I also have soft spots for Maccabi Tel Aviv and the New York Cosmos.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at