Dalf (real name Scott Laws) died on September 14, 2007. See Wikipedia:Deceased Wikipedians for further information. His user page is preserved here.
I have been active on and off since April 2005, though I created my account a long time before that. Right now I tend to go in bursts of activity for a week or so then not so much.
- If anyone knows how to deal with things that should be moved to Wiktionary you should drop me a line. There are a few articles that I think belong in Wiktionary:
- I took a break away from wikipedia for a while due to frustration with a small number of editors on an even smaller number of articles. But, I am feeling much better now.
- I suspect that you could find a lot of articles in need of help in the manner of cleanup after a NPOV / POV war simply by looking for articles that contain the heading Controversy. Am I the only one that thinks that is a really crap heading for an encyclopedia article? Someone should start a project that finds all the articles with such headings and changes them to something more descriptive and also repairs all the rest of the damage done in those articles by editors who think such a heading is good. *grin*
- List of strange units of measurement makes me smile.
- I think that as wikipedia gets mroe and more well known and bigger it will be in the news more and more often. Content contraversies will make it in the news more and more and if we include a section in every article that makes it into the news about the article and the contient contraversy making it in the news we will significantly dammage the porfessionalism of those articles. Personally I think we shoudl create somethign like, Wikipedia content controversies in the news and include a See also link to that article on all pages that have a section there. Dalf | Talk 09:43, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
Some pictures I took on my recent trip to Romania and uploaded to commons
Romania 20060512 - Tirgu Jiu - Coloana fara sfarsit 02.jpg
Romania 20060512 - Tirgu Jiu - Coloana fara sfarsit.jpg
Poarta Sarutului - Tîrgu Jiu - 20060512 - 01.jpg
Poarta Sarutului - Tîrgu Jiu - 20060512 - 02.jpg
I am not so sure about the translation of the article title Sculptural Ensemble of Constantin Brancusi from Târgu Jiu. I think perhaps it should be Sculptural Ensemble of Constantin Brancusi in Târgu Jiu. Romanian din seems to mean "from in" more than "from" to me though I suppose I could be wrong. It is also likley that the name of the town coudl be left off and simply move the article to Sculptural Ensemble of Constantin Brancusi.
I agree to multi-license all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|