My name is DangerousJXD. G'day mate! I am Australian! I am a male. Ask me stuff or chat or whatever on My Talk Page. Check out my Contributions here. I love Wikipedia. I enjoy fixing typos, thanking other editors, adding but not uploading pictures to articles, extending information about stuff, making articles better, "cleaning" up articles, The Teahouse, and (For the most part...) the friendliness of Wikipedia, among other things. I consider myself a great editor with certain weaknesses.
Why is my user name DangerousJXD?
Well, on the videogame Grand Theft Auto V, if you call Jimmy and it's not a part where he will answer, the voice message says: "Dis big J, A.K.A J dog, A.K.A dangerous J. And I should probably say Jimmy De Santa in case this is in relation to a doctors appointment. Spizeak!" So there you go, DangerousJ with the XD smiley.
I'm far from dangerous. PlayStation gamer. Love Marvel and DC comic books. YouTube, Google, and Wikipedia are the three best things ever made. I don't have a computer. I don't have the internet. I think that as a gender, females are better than males. I love food. The NBA is terrificly spectacular. The Simpsons = best TV show ever made! The internet, nuff said. I love air-conditioning. STAR WARS. I hate channel 7. I have been through a severe tropical cyclone and I don't like it. Electricity is precious. I get scared of electronic devices. Space is a wonderful place. I am not religious in any way at all. I enjoy ice cold Coke. I enjoy Devon. I excel in throwing things in the air and catching them again. I have mastered the art of clapping. I have mastered the art of whistling. Animals are cool. The town I live in has a nickname called Rock-Vegas.
That is all you need to know.
Notes about Wikipedia
- If you asked me why I edit Wikipedia, I wouldn't know how to summarize it in a timely manner. I suppose a simple way of saying why I edit Wikipedia is this: I edit Wikipedia because I love Wikipedia.
- I edit Wikipedia on a phone as I don't have a computer. It really doesn't matter though because I can switch to desktop view if I need it and everything is pretty much the same.
- I believe that welcoming users is one of the best things a user can do here on Wikipedia. If I hadn't gotten a welcome message from the user I dream of horses, then I would most likely either not be very good at editing Wikipedia or not be editing at all here on Wikipedia.
- If you respond or reply to me or anything like that, I'd prefer that you tell me that you've done so by "mentioning" me. If you make sure I've been notified you'll get a response (if necessary) faster.
- Don't hesitate to ask me a question or give me a tip or anything like that on my talk page. (I really appreciate tips.)
- If you have any thoughts on any of the edits I have made, don't hesitate to share them with me on my talk page.
- I make mistakes sometimes.
- I am not a Sockpuppet. This is my 1st and only Wikipedia account. End of story.
- Don't vandalize Wikipedia. Just don't. If you vandalize Wikipedia, that means you know what Wikipedia is and probably use it and like it. Would you deface something you like, that you own or that you use? You wouldn't put sticky tape all over your TV screen would you? Don't vandalize Wikipedia.
- If you're new to editing Wikipedia, go to The Teahouse. That is the place where I learned a big portion of what I know. It's so good at teaching new users, that somebody thought I was a seasoned editor.
- If you see a typo, correct it immediately or it will haunt you forever. I saw one once but I left it. Even though someone has probably corrected it, that still annoys me that I just left it. Never again.
- I hate it when people use IP addresses instead of names. That is stupid. Use a name. The user cullen328 once gave me this terrific response to a question I asked at the Teahouse regarding user accounts. Alternatively, read this page.
- I edit a wide variety of topics here at Wikipedia. I edit things that are in my random stuff section above like the NBA , comics and videogames. I edit Australian TV shows, people, places or products. I edit any mistake I see on any page on the spot. I edit anything I have interests or knowledge in.
- I have absolutely no idea how to upload photos to Wikipedia. But, I am a professional at taking a picture from commons and putting it in an article.
- I dislike the user Flyer22. I think Wikipedia would be a better place without users like Flyer22. Her edits are great but she isn't very nice to other users.
- I enjoy adding references even though I find it difficult to do a full reference.
- I am a member of 2 WikiProjects. But that doesn't mean I only edit 2 things though. I edit lots and lots of things.
- Be friendly to other users. I do.
- There might be times where I'll be inactive or not very active on Wikipedia for a certain amount of time. This could be caused by a number of things. Maybe I hate Wikipedia again and have decided to leave (doubt it), maybe I'm busy (probably not), maybe my phone breaks (possible), maybe my phone signal is playing up (good chance), or maybe, just maybe, it involves cyclones. If I was to leave Wikipedia, I would leave a note somewhere saying that I have done so.
- Fill out edit summaries. It looks professional and helps out other users. I always make sure I put something. It is rare for my edit summaries to be blank.
Wiki Love and stuff
|Great Question Badge|
|Awarded to those who have asked a great question on the Teahouse Question Forum.
There are no stupid questions, but some are excellent! Good questions are those that reflect serious curiosity about editing and help others learn.
Hey Dangerous, just wanted to thank you for asking a variety of great questions over at the Teahouse, from about SuggestBot, using your sandbox, and finding places to work on building content are all really great ways engaging Wikipedia. Thanks for using the Teahouse.
|The Original Barnstar|
|Hi, im User:Frogger48, hoping you enjoy your stay on Wikipedia. the kindness here is a thing I love also. Frogger48 (talk) 05:44, 17 February 2015 (UTC)|
|The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|I just want to say thank you for thanking my edit to 2015 in video gaming. Keep up the kindness and have a great time in Wikipedia. LightShark1 (talk) 09:38, 1 March 2015 (UTC)|
|The Civility Barnstar|
|It's nice to be nice.22:36, 1 March 2015 (UTC)|