I got married May 25, 2013.
I am interested in the development of natural inner silence through Transcendental Meditation® and Natural Stress Relief© and am president of an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational corporation, Natural Stress Relief, Inc. (NSR/USA), that produces and distributes the NSR learning materials and provides support for several thousand NSR clients.
NSR was originally developed to offer the public a sensible alternative to the high course fees, limited support, mysticism, dogmatism, impractical recommendations, medical quackery, and rigid policies of the various Transcendental Meditation organizations.
NSR now stands on its own as the only effective home-study course in transcending, in spite of its not being able to afford publicity, in spite of a clear policy of deleting from article space any description of NSR (pursued by several WP editors based primarily on NSR's current lack of coverage in the media) and in spite of continuing and unfounded legal threats from lawyers representing Maharishi Foundation, Ltd. since NSR/USA's founding in 2006. NSR is validated by two self-conducted objective published scientific studies and the reported beneficial experiences of NSR practitioners.
I've been an off-and-on Wikipedia editor for the last 12 years, 1 month and 29 days.
Highly-recommended essay: User:Shanes/Why tags are evil
- TM® Website
- NSR/USA Website
- NSR Meditation Knol
- TM's high course fees: click on 'course fees'.
- TM's limited support: consisting only of personal meditation checking and free repeat attendance at the final three days of any TM course; in general, no questions about practice or experience are answered by email, Web forum, Skype, telephone, or mail.
- TM's mysticism: the puja ceremony performed during initiation is viewed as religious by some; the Maharishi Effect is the supposed reduction in negativity in all of society as the result of a few people practicing the 'flying technique'.
- TM's dogmatism: only certain statements about TM and its practice are de facto allowed. The entire meditation checking procedure is memorized to avoid individual influence. Human development is discussed in terms of 8 distinct stages of consciousness, and language from the rich past and present Advaita and Buddhist traditions is excluded.
- TM's recommendations and projects: one stated goal is to destroy homes and buildings and rebuild them so that the entrances face exactly to geographic east.
- TM's quackery: its Ayurvedic, Pulse Diagnosis, and Primordial Sound practices used to promise a cure to cancer and diabetes, among a long list of illnesses.
- TM's rigid policies: for several years, TM teaching was prohibited in Great Britain based on the PM's agreement with the invasion and war in Iraq. Why GB was singled out over the US was never explained, and no exceptions were allowed.
- Scientific research on NSR.
- NSR experiences.