User:Dean Turbo/TCP IP
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- echo 7
- discard 9
- daytime 13 (human readable)
- chargen 19
- time 37 (seconds since January 1 1900 UTC)
- Unit of data
|Class||bits||Network ID bits||Host ID bits||IP range|
Unreliable, connectionless (expand), "best effort".
- Anything sent to host's own IP is sent to loopback, therefore does not usually send to network.
- Force to send to network? Flash switch LED?
- Use ARP to get Ethernet address
- Path MTU needn't be constant? Expand.
- Routing need not be symmetric.
- network byte order
- TCP server generally concurrent
- UDP server generally iterative
- Ephemeral ports 1024-5000 (still true?)
- IP — hop by hop; TCP — end to end.