Hi, I'm DexDor (Dex for short) - (amongst other things) a male Wikipedia editor.
In Wikipedia I mainly wikignome - in particular to improve categorization of articles and making related changes (e.g. fixing WP:REFERS, splitting articles that are on more than one subject, adding links to Wiktionary/Commons etc).
- Categorization in Wikipedia
- Award recipients categories
- Terminology categories
- Effects of IEP on Wikipedia
- Namespaces and categories
Odds and ends
- Federal Law on Cultural Valuables Displaced to the USSR as a Result of the Second World War and Located on the Territory of the Russian Federation (long article title)
- Example of (presumably) badly translated stuff: "shipyard coat 57 tons of laughs of mundaca" (Mundaka wave as of 5 Sept 2013).
What DexDor does
Some of the things DexDor does:
- Creating new categories (where they form part of an existing categorization scheme or are a good way to divide up an existing category) - e.g. subcategories of Category:Firelighting, Category:Military trucks by country.
- Taking categories to CFD for deletion, renaming, listifying etc. Since 2013 DexDor has started over 500 discussions at CFD with 90% resulting in a change to the category/ies (as of October 2014).
- Categorizing uncategorized articles and uncategorized categories.
- Fixing incorrect categorization (e.g. talk pages and dab pages that are categorized as articles).
- Tidying up disambiguation pages (applying rules such as MOS:DAB and WP:PTM). In particular, resisting the tendency for some dab pages to get excessive text, references etc and hence morph into articles.
- Splitting articles - either because of the size of the article or because it is covering separate subjects (see WP:NAD).
- Creating stub articles - mainly where the lack of an article meant that links were going to inappropriate articles or to a disambiguation page - e.g. Revetment (aircraft), Aircraft ordnance and First aid room.
- Improving articles - e.g. adding a lede image, rewording per WP:REFERS.
- Adding content to articles (e.g. Flight helmet, School of Ballooning).
- Removing excessive detail and excessive images from articles.
- Closing (WP:NAC) discussions - mainly at CFD.
- Tidying up different namespaces etc - e.g. Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Talk:Wiki/User Talk:Synergisticalism and Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Talk:Kinan khan.
- Developing templates - e.g. Template:Aircraft_types_(by_method_of_thrust_and_lift).
And, of course, reverting vandalism and other non-constructive changes.