An interstellar journey through Wikipedia. Full of real skills, tips, tools, tricks, helpers, sources, rewards, and support. Start the Adventure!
- Expectations and norms of the Wikipedia community
- Wikipedia:Simplified ruleset
- The Teahouse: to ask your first basic questions about contributing to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Help desk: for technical questions about using Wikipedia (how to edit, images, categories etc.)
- WP:Village pump: for questions about Wikipedia policies, guidelines or operations
- WP:Reference desk: for questions about subjects other than Wikipedia (including topics covered in the articles contained therein)
- WP:Administrators' noticeboard: to report a problem (vandalism, etc.)
- Question help: to find out more about where to ask questions or make comments on Wikipedia
- Help:Cheatsheet: examples of basic formatting that are used most often when editing
- Help:Contents/Directory: all of the help pages. Everything.
- (except the Wikipedia:List of cabals because They™ don't want you to know! Bwahaha!) ;-D
- Or if you are looking for a department, but don't know what it is called, try the Wikipedia:Department directory.
- WP:Dispute resolution: resolve disputes or potential conflicts
- Wikipedia:Starting an article: guide and tips for creating new articles
- Sixty ways to help new editors - Wikimedia Blog (from discussion @ Wikimania 2014)
- Help:Using the Wayback Machine: to recover some lost, moved or deleted pages on the Web (helpful for dead links).
- Wikipedia:User page design center
- News and notes: A dark side of comedy: the Wikipedia volunteers cleaning up behind John Oliver's fowl jokes
- From the editor: Your voice is needed: strategic voting in the WMF election
- In the media: Jimmy Wales accepts Dan David Prize
- WikiProject report: Cell-ebrating molecular biology
- Arbitration report: Editor conduct the subject of multiple cases
- Featured content: Puppets, fungi, and waterfalls
- Traffic report: Inner Core
When you make use of Wikipedia's desks (Help desk, Village pump, and the Reference desk), please consider putting some time in as a volunteer by reading and answering some questions at whichever desk you think you will be the most helpful. Remember: the Help desk always needs help, and questions asked at the Reference desk span the breadth of all human knowledge. You're likely to know the answer to some of the questions.
- Server Admin Log (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services (status.wikimedia.org)
- WMF Status Dashboards - perf mon (gdash.wikimedia.org)
- Wikitech (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Special:Version: shows the version of the software the site is currently running, and a listing of extensions installed
Quotations related to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs at Wikiquote
Works related to Anarchism at Wikisource
Media related to Mass Surveillance at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indigenous peoples of the Americas.|
Video commented out because table breaks mobile app.