An interstellar journey through Wikipedia. Full of real skills, tips, tools, tricks, helpers, sources, rewards, and support. Start the Adventure!
- The Teahouse: to ask your first basic questions about contributing to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Help desk: for technical questions about using Wikipedia (how to edit, images, categories etc.)
- WP:Village pump: for questions about Wikipedia policies, guidelines or operations
- WP:Reference desk: for questions about subjects other than Wikipedia (including topics covered in the articles contained therein)
- WP:Administrators' noticeboard: to report a problem (vandalism, etc.)
- Question help: to find out more about where to ask questions or make comments on Wikipedia
- Help:Cheatsheet: examples of basic formatting that are used most often when editing
- Help:Contents/Directory: all of the help pages. Everything.
- (except the Wikipedia:List of cabals because They™ don't want you to know! Bwahaha!) ;-D
- WP:Dispute resolution: resolve disputes or potential conflicts
- Wikipedia:Starting an article: guide and tips for creating new articles
- Sixty ways to help new editors - Wikimedia Blog (from discussion @ Wikimania 2014)
- In the media: The story of Wikipedia; Wikipedia reanimated and republished; UK government social media rules; death of Italian Wikipedia administrator
- Featured content: Admiral on deck—a modern Ada Lovelace
- WikiProject report: De-orphanning articles - a huge task but with a huge team of volunteers to help
- Traffic report: Death, War, Pestilence... Movies and TV
Tip of the day...
The fastest way to catch the attention of administrators in general is to post an alert to the Administrators' noticeboard. Administrators go there all the time to see what's up with Wikipedia. The next admin to come along will see your message and will take immediate appropriate action.
Take note, however, of the list of noticeboards at the top of the Administrators' noticeboard - you may find a better, more specialised place where you should post.
- Server Admin Log (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services (status.wikimedia.org)
- WMF Status Dashboards - perf mon (gdash.wikimedia.org)
- Special:Version: shows the version of the software the site is currently running, and a listing of extensions installed
Quotations related to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs at Wikiquote
Works related to Anarchism at Wikisource
Media related to Mass Surveillance at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indigenous peoples of the Americas.|