If you want to contact me direct by email go to my Duncan Lithgow contact page. Otherwise leave me a note on my talk page.
My name is Duncan, born 1974, white (Scottish and German descent) male New Zealander living in Denmark. I work in the building industry employed on a major hospital project. At the moment my contributions are mainly on articles about CAD and BIM.
- How to edit a page
- Editing, policy, conduct, and structure tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- fair use rationale and my contributions and Media copyright questions page
- Rules for uploading Commons:Screenshots
Good sources for info on CAD industry
Info to add to CAD pages
- Tekla BIMsight to Tekla
- Digital Building Lab @ Georgia Tech Interesting stuff to enhance BIM articles, employs Chuck Eastman
- LiveBuilding article from deelip
- What Happened to Head to Head Reviews? from http://cadinsider.typepad.com
I was just looking for this to send to a colleague who has started with the Family Editor... The 7th stage should be "You are able to explain to those who have not yet achieved enlightenment how revit actually works!"
It usually goes like this: "Theres this thing here that does this. And over there is another thing, called something very similar, that does something totally different. Now if you poke one of them in this way and pull the other like this you can make these other objects, which exist only in the nth dimension of nested families, do what you want". "Errr...ok. I tried doing what you said and I just got an error." "Hmmm... Just let me divine the problem from these random symbols and the current position of the planets.... Ah yes, you failed to uncheck the tickbox of unintended consequences which is concealed in the dusty basement of non descriptive option names.....havent you learned anything yet???"
Useful link on proposed for deletion discussions Wikipedia:List_of_policies_and_guidelines_to_cite_in_deletion_debates
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page and How to develop articles
- How to create your first article (using the Article Wizard if you wish)
- Simplified Manual of Style
Potential New Articles
- OpenStudio at OpenStudio_(software) "OpenStudio is a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux) collection of software tools to support whole building energy modeling using EnergyPlus and advanced daylight analysis using Radiance. OpenStudio is an open source project to facilitate community development, extension, and private sector adoption. OpenStudio includes graphical interfaces along with a Software Development Kit (SDK)."
Tags I can never find when I want them
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2010)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2010)|
Quotes I don't want to lose
Tomorrow's illiterate will not be the man who can't read; he will be the man who has not learned how to learn - Alvin Toffler