From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Dual licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License version 2.0|
|I agree to dual-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
- Or; obligatory semi-personal stuff.
- I was born and raised in the American South. Graduating from high school at the end of the Carter years, and lacking much in the way of oppurtunites, I joined the Navy and served for ten years in the Submarine Service. When the wall came down, I got out as the Service was shrunk as part of the peace dividend.
- Once a civilian I worked a year in a local electronics retailer, then managed and ultimately owned a small used and rare bookstore. Losing the store in the wake of 9/11, I am now a househusband.
- Many and varied, many and varied...
- -United States Naval reactor- Check and correct descriptions of submarine classes. (The SSBN descriptions are particularly hideous)
- -Chevaline- Check and correct in light of the new information located by Allen Thompson
- -Polaris missile- is badly in need of cleanup, the Trident page is too, have not looked at the Poseidon page.
- Hull classification symbol- review.
- Triad disambiguate, add strategic meaning.
- Two stage to orbit replace.
- (Key: M/m = Major/minor contribution N= new R= rewrite r=refactoring w=wikification)
- Barracuda class submarine (Mr)- Benjamin Franklin class submarine (MR)- Greater Underwater Propulsion Power Program (m)- List of United States submarine classes (M)- Ohio class submarine (Mr)- Seawolf class submarine (m,r)- SSGN (N)- Trident missile (MR)- United States submarines lost (m)- USS George Washington (m)
- My personal Sandbox