Welcome to my userpage. My name is Emilio, although emijrp is my nickname on the Internet, I'm from Spain and I like English Wikipedia very much. I joined to this project in 2005, collaborating regularly. My interests include astronomy, cosmology, large numbers, free software and free culture, wikis, photography, activism, the Digital Dark Age, digital preservation, archives, libraries, the Internet, the past and the future. I am not very fluent in English, so please help me to fix any mistakes in my userpage. Thanks in advance.
- You can reach me at emijrpgmail.com or using this form.
Regarding Wikipedia, I like creating stubs and programming bots. I have done more than 100,000 hand-made edits and over 5,000,000 edits combining all my bot accounts (anti-vandalism, stub creation, statistics, replacements, conversions and more).
I have started over 4,000 articles, created cool lists like List of submerged places in Spain, List of pedestrian circumnavigators, List of people by number of countries visited, List of female bullfighters, List of heritage sites damaged during Syrian Civil War, List of libraries damaged during World War II and List of time capsules and written essays like "Wikipedia:There is a deadline". Also, I use to create stubs about archives, libraries and museums in any country. Any institution that preserves human knowledge deserves an article in this encyclopedia and thousands are still missing.
I have created visualization stuff like the Wikimedia projects edit counter, the Wiki Loves Monuments map and statistics, or recommendation tools like Images for biographies. In 2008, I developed an anti-vandalism bot for Spanish Wikipedia, AVBOT, which has reverted more than 250,000 vandalism edits and has several working clones.
Currently, the largest project I'm involved in is an estimate of how many articles are needed to cover the sum of all human knowledge.
I always liked to generate statistics of wikis. In 2010, I created StatMediaWiki, a tool for statistical analysis of MediaWiki wikis. Previously, I had developed dozens of scripts for rankings and charts in the old Toolserver and currently in the new Wikimedia Labs.
Later, I started to read academic publications about Wikipedia and soon I ended with a ton of links to papers. So in 2011, I launched WikiPapers, a compilation of literature regarding these online communities, which currently indexes over 1,800 papers and many datasets and tools.
I have published several papers on wiki research, regarding vandalism, cultural heritage, digital libraries and systematic literature reviews:
- Rodríguez-Posada, Emilio J., Dodero-Beardo, Juan Manuel. (2012). Estado del arte de la investigación sobre wikis (PDF) (Spanish)
- Rodríguez-Posada, Emilio J., Dodero-Beardo, Juan Manuel. (2012). WikiPapers, una recopilación colaborativa de literatura sobre wikis usando MediaWiki y su extensión semántica (PDF). IV Jornadas Predoctorales de la ESI (Spanish)
- Rodríguez-Posada, Emilio J., Saorín, Tomás. (2012). Análisis de enlaces hacia Bibliotecas y Archivos Digitales de Patrimonio Cultural desde Wikipedia en español y catalán (HTML). BiD: textos universitaris de biblioteconomia i documentació, issue 28. (Spanish) (Catalan)
- Rodríguez-Posada, Emilio J., et al. (2012). Wiki Loves Monuments 2011: the experience in Spain and reflections regarding the diffusion of cultural heritage (PDF). Digithum, issue 14. (English) (Spanish) (Catalan)
- Rodríguez-Posada, Emilio J. (2011). AVBOT: Detecting and fixing vandalism in Wikipedia (PDF). UPGRADE, vol. 2011, issue 3. (English)
See a full list.
Because I was tired of seeing dozens of wikis disappearing from the Internet, I founded WikiTeam in 2011, a project to digitally preserve wikis. As of March 2014, WikiTeam has preserved over 15,000 stand-alone wikis, several wikifarms (Wikia, ShoutWiki, Referata, Wikkii, etc), regular Wikipedia dumps and 24 TB of Wikimedia Commons images. We use Internet Archive to upload all the backups and there is an index in WikiApiary.
I am an amateur photographer who likes to take photos, mainly of monuments. I have a Nikon D3100 and previously several compact cameras. Here are some photo examples, see more in my gallery and Flickr account.
Bull statue and Plaza de toros de El Puerto in the background.
- My website (Spanish) and sometimes (English)
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at