From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- [X] Unify naming conventions as <<name of oratorio>> (Handel). See Category:Oratorios by George Frideric Handel to understand why this is needed.
- [X] Improve the list List of compositions by George Frideric Handel with text links, etc...
- [X] Address the relationship/categorization of Handel's oratorios with relation to Wikipedia:WikiProject Opera. Are oratorios a subcategory of opera (i.e. "unstaged opera") or are they not-opera (like symphonies)? -- Oratorios are Oratorios and not Operas... may be cross-listed (like Semele and Acis) on the Category:Operas by George Frideric Handel and the handel operas template, but the page itself says "this is an oratorio" with perhaps a box about "operatic performances".
- [X] Move libretto from Israel in Egypt (oratorio) to Wikisource.
- [X] Create all missing pages from this collection:
- Wikisource-ify all oratorio libretti from the Stanford collection.
- Collaborate with Donald Teeters to get a really fine-grained cateogrization system in place for Handel's hard-to-categorize english language works.
- Flush out pages for all of his oratorios with basics:
- dates (composition, premiere)
- librettist (with associated WP page)
- [X]libretto source text link
- premiere location & singers
- major roles / dramatis personae
- links to libretto & program notes on the web
- decent synopsis
- standardize major sections: Synopsis, Dramatis Personae, Politics/History, Music, External Links