My name is Kef Schecter. Legally, I am Kevin Lee Fields.
If you edit Wikipedia, please review my list of common punctuation errors. As of this writing I have well over 20,000 edits on Wikipedia and I bet that well over half of them are fixing punctuation.
All edits are under CC-by-SA 3.0 and the GFDL as is standard practice on Wikipedia. Edits prior to October 5, 2010, 10:18 PM UTC are also placed in the public domain, but some jurisdictions do not allow authors to release works into the public domain (which is why I've stopped doing it); CC-by-SA and GFDL still apply in such cases.
Potential conflicts of interest
- Creator of a small number of Wikipedia articles (in order of creation; the ones that really caught on are in bold):
- Lupin III
- Fingerpicking (merged with Fingerstyle guitar)
- Trio (band)
- Trust & Betrayal: The Legacy of Siboot
- A Mind Forever Voyaging
- Interactive storytelling
- Perforce Jam
- Inverse parser
- Fuzzy Control Language
- Fuzzy associative matrix
- Combs method
- Notable phrases from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Spanish 21
- Alouette (song)
- Federal Wire Act
- DC offset
- Image:Just vs equal.ogg (not an article, but hey)
- Browser extension (just a stub)
- Responsible for significant expansion of:
- Creator and former maintainer of three wikibooks:
- Currently sysop at:
- Occasional lurker/editor of the Homestar Runner Wiki, C2 Wiki (a.k.a. Ward's Wiki), the Creatures Wiki, and WikiFur.
On Wikipedia I usually lurk, fix typos/grammar/markup, create redirects, and post on talk pages. Rarely do I heavily revise an article or start a new one. I guess that makes me an unsung zero. ;) For a brief time, while I was being voted on for sysop, I plotted global domination, but when I actually got my powers, I decided against it.
But most of all I end up correcting typographical errors. See /Wiki stuff that bugs me.
My wikibooks are mostly abandoned efforts. They require more dedication than I am willing to put into them; in each case I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Usually the ball rolls a little and stops dead once it gets down the hill, but at least I tried.
These are little wikis I have created.
- Learning Languages Through Video Games — very gradually growing into a resource that might actually be useful!
These are wikis that I have little to do with anymore.
- gameinfo - down with GameFAQs! ;) I have decided to post my game guides here instead. (Since merged with Encyclopedia Gamia)
- ROM Hack City - all about ROM hacking (currently dead; DataCrystal is a better resource to use)
- Kef's Internets, my website. Some parts may be NSFW, but you won't stumble upon any naughty pictures without warning.
- My LiveJournal, which is here (warning: may include strong views, strong language, and weak reasoning)
The 'furry' part of my handle refers to the fact I am a so-called furry. Despite everything you are likely to have ever heard about furries, many are quite normal people. I think.
Well, I'm not normal, but I'm not abnormal in that way, y'knowwhatImean?
And no, I don't consider furry to be a sexual fetish, although it would be folly to deny that there are other furries who see it as such.
Usually I write in Python, on the web I often use PHP, and when I have to I use C++. I am also able to use other languages like Java, Ruby, and even assembly, but I rarely need to and therefore rarely do.