User talk:Geometry guy
Welcome to my (rather minimalist) user and user talk page: please leave comments, questions, complaints, or just general chat below. Please provide direct links to issues you raise. I am contributing rather sporadically at present and can't promise to reply, but if I do I will reply here: if I take a while and it is important, I will drop a note on your talk page.
You've gots an email. :) —20:33, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Belatedly replied. Sorry for the 5 month delay! Geometry guy 14:18, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
(About) a year ago, you were the 44th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, repeated in br'erly style, - did you know that I framed your words on my user and remind everybody and myself in my edit notice? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 09:56, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yes I did - how could I forget? Thank you again for your kind words. Geometry guy 14:18, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Would you comment on Map Projections?
Hi, we have an ongoing disagreement on the Map Projections page and I was hoping you'd weigh in given your mathematical bent. Here's the current dispute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution_noticeboard#Map_projection_discussion. Appreciate any thoughts! Thanks.126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:08, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- Alas I was unavailable for this - I hope you sorted it out. Geometry guy 14:18, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Notification of pending suspension of administrative permissions due to inactivity
Following a community discussion in June 2011, consensus was reached to provisionally suspend the administrative permissions of users who have been inactive for one year (i.e. administrators who have not made any edits or logged actions in over one year). As a result of this discussion, your administrative permissions will be removed pending your return if you do not return to activity within the next month. If you wish to have these permissions reinstated should this occur, please post to the Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard and the userright will be restored per the re-sysopping process (i.e., as long as the attending bureaucrats are reasonably satisfied that your account has not been compromised and that your inactivity did not have the effect of evading scrutiny of any actions which might have led to sanctions). This removal of access is procedural only, and not intended to reflect negatively upon you in any way. We wish you the best in future endeavors, and thank you for your past administrative efforts. MadmanBot (talk) 00:30, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
- Rumours of my inactivity have been somewhat exaggerated. I wish you the best in your future endeavors also, MadmanBot, and hope that electromagnetic fields continue to bend to your will. Geometry guy 14:18, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
WikiProject Good Articles Recruitment Centre
WikiProject Good articles (the first message I sent out went to only WikiProject members).
So for those who haven't heard about the Recruitment Centre yet, you may be wondering why there is a Good article icon with a bunch of stars around it (to the right). The answer? WikiProject Good articles will be launching a Recruitment Centre very soon! The centre will allow all users to be taught how to review Good article nominations by experts just like you! However, in order for the Recruitment Centre to open in the first place, we need some volunteers:
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to seeing this program bring new reviewers to the Good article community and all the positive things it will bring along.
A message will be sent out to all recruiters regarding the date when the Recruitment Centre will open when it is determined. The message will also contain some further details to clarify things that may be a bit confusing.--Dom497 (talk)This message was sent out by --EdwardsBot (talk) 15:11, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- Good luck with this initiative. Ironically, I never did sign up to WGA. Echoes of Marx, I guess (Groucho, not Karl). Geometry guy 14:18, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Just to let you know -- Missing Wikipedians
- Many thanks for the notification. Rumors of my disappearance have been greatly exaggerated. Geometry guy 23:46, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- You may enjoy this then: Louisa Venable Kyle wrote a children's book on The Witch of Pungo ;) - Good to know that at least one of the people quoted in my editnotice is still in sight, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 10:47, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
|Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday Season, from the horse and bishop person. May the year ahead be productive and troll-free. Ealdgyth - Talk 23:46, 21 December 2013 (UTC)|
Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy, healthy and productive 2014!
|Ruhrfisch ><>°° 01:52, 25 December 2013 (UTC)|