Hi, I've been an active user of Wikipedia for around 6.5 years (mostly since 2012 though) now (as of early 2015), and I'm still a tad leary of editing certain things that I don't know much about. A long while ago, I learned enough about html coding to know that I didn't want to know any more about it. ;) I have been and am willing to learn more about how Wikipedia works though, and I don't have an axe to grind with anyone. As a scientist for over 20 years now, I highly value verifiable facts over ideology. I hate to say this, but Wikipedia would be a lot easier to deal with if it weren't for some of the blatant "dicks" that unfortunately seem to roam around here at relatively free will...ugh...
As of January 2015, I also occasionally like to fix missing reference list errors (mostly in articles), articles with missing files (which are mostly missing pictures), disambiguation errors within actual articles (when I'm not making them myself...doh!), disputed (dubious) statements in articles, and adding Wiki-links to articles.
Works in progress
As a meteorologist by trade, who used to work for the National Weather Service (I do not claim to speak for the NWS here on Wikipedia though) and who currently works in the private weather industry in the USA, what I plan on editing in the future:
- Air-mass thunderstorm
- Automated airport weather station - in progress, but delayed for now
- Automatic weather station
- Convective storm detection
- Flash flood
- Flood alert
- Ice dam
- Ice storm
- Lightning - probably will do this one next after the above is completed at some point
- National Weather Association
- North American Ice Storm of 1998
- Pulse storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning
- Severe weather
- Splitting storm
- Storm spotting
- Stream channel
- Surface weather observation
- Weather spotting
- Winter storm
Pages that I have created
- Masjid As-Salafi - was on the "most wanted" Wikipedia page list (Wikipedia:Most wanted articles).
- Climate of South Ossetia - also was on the above list.
- Precipitation gage - my first disambiguation page, who knows if I composed it properly though?
- over 155 re-direct pages, mostly for weather-related terms.
Pages that I have edited extensively
Among many, many other pages -
- Local storm report - still needs some references & maybe some more examples.
- Severe thunderstorm watch - still needs some updating for current NWS procedures.
- Tropical Storm Emily - I guess I've kind of "adopted" this page after having difficulty in trying to use it to edit another page.
- Flood - still might need some work, but it's off to a good start at least.
- Happy Endings? - might need a few more references (?).
- Lap dance - in pretty good shape, minus needing a source for some UK statements & the Canadian section maybe needing some more help.
- Gonzo pornography - did some major cleanup and updating of this article, which needs a few more citations now.
- List of American death metal bands - after way too much baloney just trying to get the proper edits done there, this article just needs maybe a little more expansion and some added citations.
- Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle and the sequel Snoop Dogg's Hustlaz: Diary of a Pimp - did some major cleanup/updating on these breakthrough adult movie articles, that might need some more citations and/or expansion now (?).
Pages that I need help with!
- Bastoncello re-direct - pretty sure that this re-direct points in the wrong direction, see: Talk:Bastoncello
- Bermejo, Bolivia - not sure how to add a picture to this page from another Wikipedia site, see: Talk:Bermejo,_Bolivia (?)
- Not sure if Washout & Washaway need to be combined into one page or not(?) - they seem pretty similar to me.
- not sure if U.S. Army Lieutenant General Anthony Jones is mentioned twice on this disambiguation page or not.
- Massage parlor, which was unfortunately "sanitized" in recent months, might need to be merged with Erotic massage, which was also purged of some information recently.
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|Erpert Who is this guy? | Wanna talk about it? 22:01, 8 April 2013 (UTC)|
I am mainly awarding you this barnstar for this comment.
|Silk Purse Award|
|This award in appreciation for your improvements to the Mike Adriano article, expanding it and providing sources so as to demonstrate clearer evidence of his meeting our guidelines. Well done! Cavarrone 05:04, 5 August 2013 (UTC)|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For your improvements to the XRCO Award article Rebecca1990 (talk) 14:35, 14 January 2014 (UTC)|
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Great job in copy-editing Alfred V. Verville preparing it for WP:GAN. MEGA-THANKS from the great grandson of Alfred's cousin! :) Nasa-verve (talk) 05:13, 23 May 2014 (UTC)|
Stuff that you probably don't need to know:
|Search user languages|