I'm a postdoc in biomechanics, specializing in animal locomotion and currently working on sidewinding and the role of skin in snake locomotion. My prior work has focused on arboreal snake locomotion and power amplification in frog jumping.
On Wikipedia, I try to contribute specialized knowledge from my areas of expertise in what little spare time I have. I'll often add long blocks of text, entirely new pages, or perform major re-writes. I frequently forget references, or add them in incorrect formats, so anyone is encouraged to fill in those omissions (as I may simply forget to come back and add them). It should generally be assumed that I don't know the right formatting for just about anything, and am just here to perform "brain dumps" for the sake of spreading information.
Please bug me about fixes/re-writes I've said I'll do on various talk pages "when I'm less busy". Unless it makes it into my "to do" list, I'll probably forget (and possibly even then), and I would appreciate reminders, even if I can't act on them immediately.
I am also the creator of WikiProject_Organismal_Biomechanics
To Do List
Fix errors in Stretch_shortening_cycle
Fix references in Arboreal locomotion
Fix origins and insertions of erector spinae
Add twitch and tetanus to muscle contraction
Add either a flight section to bat or a whole bat flight page
Muscle embryology very poorly laid out. Especially fix hypaxial and epaxial.
Anatomy as a whole needs to be less human-centric.
Hyoid is far, far too human-centric - major re-write.
Crocodilian_armor Needs to be massively revised. May be stolen in whole from old book.
Aquatic_adaptation is just terrible and needs a complete re-write.
Merge Human_anatomical_terms and Anatomical_terms_of_location, with a massive/major re-write.
Merge Leg and Limb_(anatomy)
Continue revision of muscle and skeletal muscle
Add entire page for On Growth & Form
Add images to arciferal and firmisternal
Merge Human anatomy, human body and body systems
Pages created or completely re-written
- in vitro muscle testing
- Arboreal locomotion
- Work Loop
- Blue tegu
- snake skull
- Pelvic spur
Tools & References
Reference format tool using pubmed ID etc. []
Frequent references: Pough's herpetology text:  Pough's vertebrate life text:  Lieber's muscle text:  Biewener's animal locomotion:  Kardong's vertebrate anatomy text:  McMahon's muscle text: 
- Pough et al. 1992. Herpetology: Third Edition. Pearson Prentice Hall:Pearson Education, Inc., 2002.
- Pough, F. Harvey et al. 2002. Vertebrate Life, 6th Ed. Prentice Hall Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ. ISBN 0130412481
- Lieber, R. L. 2002. Skeletal Muscle Structure, Function, and Plasticity: The Physiological Basis of Rehabilitation, 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, ISBN 978-0781730617, http://books.google.com/books?id=T0fbq_b89cAC&dq=lieber+skeletal+muscle+physiology&source=gbs_navlinks_s
- Biewener, A. A. 2003. Animal Locomotion. Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0198500223, http://books.google.com/books?id=yMaN9pk8QJAC&dq=biomechanics+biewener&source=gbs_navlinks_s
- Kardong, K. 2008. Vertebrates: Comparative Anatomy, Function, Evolution. 5th edition. McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math. ISBN 978-0073040585
- McMahon, T. A. 1984. Muscles, Reflexes and Locomotion. 1st Edition. Princeton University Press. ISBN 978-0691023762