|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
In real life, my name is Han-Kwang Nienhuys. I have a background in physics and chemical physics, more specifically time-resolved spectroscopy and lasers.
I know a few things about Netherlands and Sweden. Since 2009, I can add photolithography for the semiconductor industry to that, or at least a tiny bit of a particular aspect of it. Although I do not have a formal medical background, I think I'm fairly skilled in spotting pseudoscientific nonsense that is touted by commercial websites and subsequently finds its way into health-related Wikipedia articles.
This section is horribly incomplete and out-of-date.
- Template:nutritionalvalue - I'm slowly adding nutritional data to food-related articles.
- Laser-related: Chirped pulse amplification, prism compressor, EN 207, Femtosecond pulse shaping, Terahertz time-domain spectroscopy, Laser safety
- Optics-related: Triangular prism (optics)
- Physics: Poynting vector
- Misc: Potato cyst nematode
- Transfer-matrix method (optics)
Furthermore, I try to keep an eye on linkspam and evident (scientific) nonsense.
For historical reasons some of the articles I contributed to in a time (2004) when it was very easy to add relevant new content to stubs and missing articles:
- Lasers: Laser, List of lasers, Nd-YAG laser, Ti-sapphire laser, dye laser, Laser safety
- Spectroscopy: Absorbance, Electromagnetic spectroscopy, Electron spin resonance, Molar absorptivity, Nuclear magnetic resonance, Spectroscopy, Spectrophotometry, Time-resolved spectroscopy, Transmittance
- Physics: Nonlinear optics, Speed of light
- Chemistry: Recrystallization, Supersaturation
- Mathematics: Eigenfunction, Orthogonal functions, Kramers-Kronig relations
- Sweden: Allemansrätten, Lund, Image:Lunds domkyrka.jpg
- Netherlands: Gouda cheese
- Color vision: Color, Gamma correction, Gamut, International Commission on Illumination, Image:Gamut.tar.gz, Image:Cie chromaticity diagram wavelength.png
- Miscellaneous science/technology: Binaural recording, Microphone, Microwave oven, Microwaving
Just a selection. Full image gallery: User:Hankwang/Images.