we welcome you!
I go by Mike Waggoner when not masquerading as here or herebox online. My interests lie primarily with:
- wikipedia community ( opinion of best direction, meta:Share watchlists )
- research about wikipedia ( meta:Wikimedia Research Network )
- furthering the evolution of wiki interface/procedure ( Wikipedia:WikiProject_Usability and Wikipedia:Deletion reform ).
- web: herebox.org
- im: most of the time // email first.
- irc: here ; occasionally ; EFnet ; freenode #wikipedia-en, #wikipedia-de, #wikimedia, #mediawiki, etc.
|Search user languages|
- See here/pov for biases and AfDs.
See here/box for related changes trees.(stale)
- See here/delete for thoughts on deletion process.
- See here/watchlist for my full watchlist. (share yours!)
- See here/monobook.css for css customization.
Areas I'm watching...
071120 . 3 years since first edit, yet recently but one edit in months. Fortunately?, the rise continues:
|rank||3 mo chg||domain|
061023 . Watchlist slowly morphing topically, todo: League of Automatic Music Composers, Jim Horton, more.. Learned to use CryptoDerk's Vandal Fighter with its regex rc filter to help monitor a dynamic IP user. The longer I am here, the more amazed I am that vandalism is remotely under control. Will need to find a quicker or more effective way to scan diffs.
060817 . Turns out one now needs verification to gain access to the rc patrol irc channels such as #vandalism-en-wp (ed: though not for #wikipedia-en-vandalism2). I am astonished at the greeting: Posting Logs = Banned from VCN!. The Vandalism Control Network - countervandalism.org - is an off-site wiki holding the keys to a top layer of defense on wikipedia. Further, I find that wikipedia-en-admins returns unable to join channel (invite only), and this opt-in requirement for (detailed) individual edit statistics. There is more and more seperation between the admins, the users, and the viewers. This is nomic at work!
060504 . very few edits due to travelling and successful move to Berlin. uploaded first image, Image:Cavellini-sticker.jpg, to commons. watching bureaucracy more than the articles themselves. perhaps I can write a few papers dazu.
060301 . en.wikipedia.org hits one millionth article, meanwhile the daily Alexa global traffic ranking was seen as low as #13 (Jan 29th), down from the 120s a year ago. Watching wikipedia grow is way more fun than sea monkeys.
060201 . 1000th edit (385/245/324 main/user/proj; 664/351 article/talk) . started Guglielmo Achille Cavellini, shared full watchlist at user:here/watchlist. also Drop Bass, Electronic music, Snowboarding -- would like to work on collaborative instructional progressions -- see also American_Association_of_Snowboard_Instructors.
051105 . Green Tortoise, Burning Man, Church of the SubGenius, LambdaMOO, Backpacking (travel) Signed on over at m:Wikimedia Research Network and Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikidemia, both partially focused on facilitating interaction with academia. m:Semantic MediaWiki has potential; similarly, lets make watchlists optionally public for network analysis (interest clouds, user-webs). Support Wikipedia:Pure wiki deletion system. (
edits en:264/m:29, pride in efficiency)
051013 . I've been greatly enjoying myself here, but simply cannot believe that watchlist RSS feeds are not already a reality. Please stop by m:Syndication feeds and add a comment if you'd like to see watchlist RSS feeds, and lets figure out how to make it happen. // Also added Category:Wikipedians by alma mater: Carleton College, anybody else out there?
041118 . first edit
- http://en.planet.wikimedia.org/ - aggregated wikimedia related blogs, see m:Planet_Wikimedia
- irc://irc.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia - live changes from en: , easy source for script parsing info.
- simple:Wikipedia:Simple English Wikipedia - simple english wikipedia
- m:WikiXRay - extended statistics efforts.
- See mw:API
- 424: Should be able to remove articles from regular watchlist view
- 471: Basic XML Feed support for watchlist (implementation idea: token)
- 943: RSS feed for category updates
- 3646: Make MediaWiki more RSS friendly
1572: Add diff link to "You have new messages"(resolved!)
- 2313: diff should provide anchors to start or related paragraphs
- 3843: Implement the Pure Wiki Deletion System
- See m:cite.php, get full ref info out of the text.
- rc patrol (1 week old)