|This user account is a bot operated by Jtmorgan (talk). It is a legitimate alternative account, used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually. The bot is approved and currently active – the relevant request for approval can be seen here.
Administrators: if this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
|| | | | | | | | ||
HostBot automates repetitive tasks that reduce the maintenance necessary to keep the Teahouse humming along. If you are interested in implementing HostBot scripts on another wiki or would like to help improve the code base, please check the resources in the Specs section below and contact J-Mo via talk page or email.
- Wikipedia:Bots/Requests_for_approval/HostBot_4 (+ addendum)
- Wikipedia:Bots/Requests_for_approval/HostBot_5 in trial phase - J-Mo Talk to Me Email Me 01:00, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- generates and updates a set of daily database reports listing new editors to invite to WP:Teahouse.
- invites new editors from the Teahouse database reports to visit the Teahouse. (More info here)
- updates featured content (recent questions, recent guests, featured hosts) on the Teahouse main page.
- archives Teahouse guest profiles.
- moves Teahouse host profiles between here and here based on activity, notifies hosts of the move.
- invites new editors to play The Wikipedia Adventure