Hello ! I contribute exclusively on Ancient Egypt content, I am interested primarily in the Predynastic, Early Dynastic and Second Intermediate periods of Egypt, although I tend to go astray when faced with the immense task of improving wikipedia. My main current wiki works are:
- Improving all pharaoh articles;
- Improving articles relating to the first and second intermediate periods;
- Egyptian pyramids project;
- Detailed analysis of the Gebel el-Arak Knife.
I entirely agree with the philosophy of User:Emijrp/All human knowledge
Egyptian pyramids project
Pyramids are the iconic symbol of Ancient Egypt, so you would think their wikipedia articles are great right ?! Well in fact it's the opposite, most of the pyramids are only given stubs or no article at all, as if there was nothing beyond the Great Pyramid of Giza !
Here is a list of articles in serious need of work, which I will expand (anybody interested : Welcome !). Indeed, compare these articles with their German or French counterparts
- Gisr el-Mudir: , not a pyramid but an important precedent, see the German version
- Provincial step pyramids:
- Pyramid of Djedefre: , see the German version
- Pyramid of Neferirkare Kakai:
- Unfinished pyramid of Shepseskare Isi:
- Pyramid of Nyuserre:
- Pyramid of Djedkare-Isesi:
- Headless Pyramid of Menkauhor Kaiu:
- Pyramid of Unas: , see all the unused material here
- Mortuary complex of Pepi I: , ridiculous stub
- Pyramid of Merenre:
- Pyramid of Pepi II:
- Pyramid of Senusret III:
- Pyramid of Ameny Qemau:
- Pyramid of Ahmose: small, see German version
- Pyramid of Piye:
- There is also no general article on what a valley temple is, what a cult pyramid was for etc.
Could be expanded
- Buried Pyramid: thanks to EammonRhys, could be expanded further, needs copy edit
- Bent Pyramid: good start class but falls short of the German/French articles
- Red Pyramid: mid-quality article
- Pyramid of Khafre: mid-quality article, take a look at the French version to see what I mean.
- Pyramid of Menkaure: the article neglects many important facts and is nowhere close to the Magyar one
- Layer Pyramid: Done , with the help of Nephiliskos!
- Unfinished Northern Pyramid of Zawyet el'Aryan: Done , thanks to Nephiliskos!
- Pyramid of Merikare: Done , thanks to Khruner!
- Southern Mazghuna pyramid: Done thanks to Khruner!
- Northern Mazghuna pyramid: Done thanks to Khruner!
- Southern South Saqqara pyramid: Done thanks to Khruner!
- Pyramid of Khendjer: Done . The article was start class
- Pyramid of Ibi: Done !
- Pyramid of Userkaf: Done ! The article was a stub
- Pyramid of Sahure: Done ! The article was a stub
- Pyramid of Neferefre: Done , thanks to GreatOrangePumpkin !
- Pyramid of Teti: Done , thanks to Niqomi !
- Pyramid of Khui: Done , thanks to Khruner !
|Hyksos Sphinx award|
|I'm not good in speeches even in my native language, but taking the opportunity of your recent successes in making GA Amenemhat IV and most likely also Neferhotep I, I wanted to thank you for all your efforts within the late Middle Kingdom/Second Intermediate Period. -- Khruner (talk) 10:51, 21 December 2014 (UTC)|