Hi, I'm Iustinus.
My main area of activity is the Latin Wikipedia, but I find myself around here fairly often.
|The Rosetta Barnstar|
|For your contributions, Latin translations, hard work, and efforts to improve Wikipedia. Congratulations! PHG 22:57, 28 July 2007 (UTC)|
Egyptologists with Egyptian Names
The following Egyptologists have written their names (or had their names written) in Egyptian hieroglyphics in a published source:
- Jean-François Champollion: dhmpwllywn
- Source: Lettre à M. Dacier relative à l'alphabet des hiéroglyphes phonétiques, p. 54
- Carl Lepsius: lcpsyws
- Source: "Lepsius Graffito" of 1842
- Lise Manniche: lizɜmɜnnjqj (or -nnyq)
- Source: The Prince Who Knew His FateISBN 039920850X
- Erzherzog Rainer: rɜynr
- Source: Festschrift zum 100-jährigen Bestehen der Papyrussamlung der Österreichischen Nationalbibliothek: Papyrus Erzherzog Rainer, on cover and title page.
- Jordi Clos qlwɜś
- Source: logo of the Fundación Arqueológica Clos, as seen e.g. on the back cover of En Busca de los Faraones Negros.
- L Marceau (publisher): mcrśɜw
- Source: logo of Imprimerie française et orientale L. Marceau, as seen e.g. on the back page of Monuments divers en Egypte et en Nubie.
I'll put this together into an actual article when I can assemble a viable bibliography.