If you're the private type, you can reach me through email
A bit about me
I'm Doc James, user Jmh649. In real life I go by James Heilman. I am a Canadian ER doc. My hobbies and interests include preventative medicine and popular science. I have been editing here since July 6th, 2008.
James Heilman, MD, CCFP-EM, Clinical Faculty member of the Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia (Clinical Instructor)
P.S. My spelling and grammar are poor, so thank you for correcting them. If something I write is completely unintelligible, please send me a request for clarification. Note: I am entirely a volunteer here. I do not accept money or honorariums for any efforts related to wiki's, Wikipedia or the Internet. I do accept travel costs for speaking events by organizations that can afford them. I do not and have never accepted pharmaceutical funding. User:Docjames is a different editor.
Words I find inspiring
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.Theodore Roosevelt I am a proud fighter for open knowledge.
"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so." Mark Twain
Press, publications and barnstars
Edit countMy images
Jmh649 · (talk · contribs · deleted · cross-wiki · wikichecker· count · pages created · logs · block log · lu · rfar · rfc · rfcu · ssp · spi · search an, ani, cn, an3)
||23:27, 12 March 2014
||4 days, 18 hours
Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard/RfA Report All my admin actions are here RfA here
|User rights modified
- Marx, John (2010). Rosen's emergency medicine: concepts and clinical practice 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby/Elsevier. ISBN 9780323054720.
- Tintinalli, Judith E. (2010). Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide (Emergency Medicine (Tintinalli)). New York: McGraw-Hill Companies. ISBN 0-07-148480-9.
- Haigh, CA (2011 Feb). "Wikipedia as an evidence source for nursing and healthcare students.". Nurse education today 31 (2): 135–9. PMID 20646799.
- Stedmans Dictionary from UBC 
- Concise oxford med 
- OED http://www.oed.com.cyber.usask.ca/
- Essential sources
- U of S library sources
- ^ Roosevelt, Theodore (April 23, 1910). "Citizenship in a Republic" (Speech). Sorbonne, Paris. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- ^ 
- ^ Logan, DW; Sandal, M, Gardner, PP, Manske, M, Bateman, A (2010 Sep 30). "Ten simple rules for editing Wikipedia.". PLoS computational biology 6 (9). PMID 20941386.