Joel Kirk born Joel Lindley, has attended Ohlone College (Sept 07'-Dec 09') and National University of Singapore (late July 2011-early Dec 2011). Future plans are to work in the Asian and U.S. film industry and delve in non-fiction and fiction writing, with projects focusing on black/Asian relationships as well as the media representations of those two communities.
- 1 Some Favorites (Film/TV/Stage/Literary/Video Game/Comic Book related)
- 1.1 Some Favorite films
- 1.2 Costume Designers of Interest
- 1.3 Favorite Television Show(s)
- 1.4 Favorite Musicians/Composers
- 1.5 Favorite Bands
- 1.6 Best Film Sequences (whether or not the film was good)
- 1.7 Best Film Trailers (whether or not the film was good)
- 1.8 Best Game Trailers (whether or not the game was good)
- 1.9 Favorite Book(s)
- 1.10 Favorite Comic Artists
- 2 Miscellaneous
Some Favorite films
Costume Designers of Interest
Favorite Television Show(s)
Best Film Sequences (whether or not the film was good)
- The ending to Romeo is Bleeding
- The Hoth Battle scene from The Empire Strikes Back
- The opening credit sequence to Watchmen
- The Pearl Harbor attack scene in Pearl Harbor
- The opening credit sequence in Tokyo from Resident Evil: Afterlife
- The racy car wash scene from Cool Hand Luke.
Best Film Trailers (whether or not the film was good)
- Watchmen trailer
- G.I. Joe trailer
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer
- Dark City trailer
- ...trailer to The Matrix
Best Game Trailers (whether or not the game was good)
- The first trailer to Dead Island
- The E3 2008 trailer for Prince of Persia
- Fledgling by Octavia Butler
- Somebody Owes Me Money by Donald Westlake
- The Door into Summer by Robert Heinlein
Favorite Comic Artists
- Has a boot fetish.
- Does not support the NAACP.
- Believes overused words or terms are: Creepy, PC/Politically Correct, and Organic.
- Life is like a game of chess; you lose a few battles, but then you get smart and learn tricks to beat the odds.~Joel Kirk
- Stupidity doesn't realize race...~Joel Kirk
- A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or turns his back on it and starts to wither away. ~ Dr. Philip Boyce, The Cage (1964)
- You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.~Chris Gardner, portrayed by Will Smith, in The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- I hate puzzles...~Joel Kirk
- Humans will speak of tolerance and acceptance of other cultures even while they're being at their most prejudiced and arrogant.~DevilEyes, from the site Trektoday.
- "Slavery has never been abolished from America's way of thinking." ~ Nina Simone
- IMDB Page on Joel Kirk