From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Active User Since August 2005
April 20, 2014
- 1535 – The appearance of sun dogs over Stockholm, Sweden, inspired the painting Vädersolstavlan, the oldest colour depiction of the city.
- 1828 – French explorer René Caillié became the first confirmed non-Muslim to enter Timbuktu, for which he later received a 10,000-franc prize from the Société de géographie.
- 1939 – Adolf Hitler's 50th birthday was celebrated as a national holiday in Nazi Germany.
- 1999 – Students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold embarked on a massacre, killing 13 people and wounding over 20 others before committing suicide at Columbine High School in Columbine, Colorado.
- 2008 – Fernando Lugo (pictured) became the first non-Colorado Party candidate to be elected President of Paraguay in 61 years.
It is now April 20, 2014 (UTC) –