I am an employee of the Wikimedia Foundation. My title is "Senior Designer."
I am easily findable and am willing to help you in whatever way I can.
I can be found on irc.freenode.net in the channels #mediawiki, #wikimedia-dev and #wikimedia
I can be emailed at bharriswikimedia.org
I work for or provide services to the Wikimedia Foundation, but this is my personal account. Edits, statements, or other contributions made from this account are my own, and may not reflect the views of the Foundation.
Official acts by me in the line of my work will be done from my office account, m:User:Jorm (WMF)
Here is a partial list of the things I am or have worked on:
- Athena - a "universal" skin for Wikipedia, designed to work on mobile, tablet, and desktop resolutions and capabilities.
- New Editor Engagement (formerly -1 to 100) - a master project working on editor retention.
- New Page Triage - a tool to make the process of New Page Patrol better
- Article Creation Workflow - various fixes to make article creation better and saner
- Reference Tooltips - a simple change to make viewing references easier
- Timestamp Position Modifications - trying to make the documents appear more alive
- MoodBar - a tool designed to encourage new user feedback.
- Feedback Dashboard - a tool to view and respond to new user feedback (sent via MoodBar)
- WikiLove - a small tool for awarding "WikiLove"
- Quick Comments - a small feature designed to make it easier to leave messages for users
- Global Profile- a system designed to ease difficulty for page patrol, reduce "bite", and encourage identity within the projects
- Interlanguage Design Pass
- 2011 Q2 UploadWizard Design Pass
- LiquidThreads redesign - a rethinking on collaborative systems
- Personal Image Filter proposal - a board proposal concerning controversial content
- MediaWiki Style Guide - A work in progress regarding MediaWiki interface consistency
- Article Feedback Tool, Phase 1 - Phase one of the Article Feedback Tool
- Article Feedback Tool, Phase 2 - Phase 2 of the Article Feedback Tool. (Design was modified heavily during implementation).
- Account Creation workflows (includes some visual design)
- Pending Changes Design Modifications - Some usability enhancements for Pending Changes (not all were implemented)
- The MediaWiki installer
- TradeTrack - a tool for WMF trademark management