From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Keys767 is back from a long wikibreak and is well refreshed.|
- As a Wikipedia editor, I normally use WP:BOLD and assume consensus if I don't see existing opposition to (or discussion on) the subject in question.
- I'm an inclusionist. As a result, I will always choose content standard-of-quality over content verifiability, except in circumstances where the information is particularly dubious or challenged as incorrect (or not notable) by another editor on Wikipedia.
Removal of American English
- I frequently edit articles to conform to British English (BrE). I have an uncontrollable bias against the American English 'language' - but I never let this influence my impartial and neutral editing of Wikipedia.
- I will also change an article to BrE... if the instances of BrE words and phrases outnumber those of AmE, as per WP:RETAIN.
- I will never change an article to BrE... if there is consensus to the contrary.
- I will never change an article to BrE... if it is blatantly obvious that the article has American ties under WP:ENGVAR guidelines.
Call me an ogre if you will, but if I see you continually changing BrE to AmE for no reason, I may become a source of annoyance to you.
Stuff I do on Wikipedia
- Correct any spelling and grammar mistakes I come across.
- Rollback and Revert Vandalism
- Copy-editing and re-wording articles, paragraphs and sentences to make them more comprehensible - or just look or read better.
- General improvement edits on articles related to my town, county, part of the UK and country.
- Improvement edits on articles related to London or the United Kingdom in general.
New Articles I've Created
- Eden - Article on Eden, a village in my area (Stub at present)
- Boneybefore - Article on Boneybefore, a village in my area (Stub at present)
- Andrew Jackson Centre - Article on the "ancestral home" of Andrew Jackson, 7th President of the United States (Stub at present)
- The Belfast Entries - Article on the "Entries" in Belfast city centre, such as "Pottinger's Entry"
- Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years - (Added extensive character profiles to the article, which was previously just an intro and synopsis.)
- Carrickfergus Waterfront - (Changed the name of the article. Extensive re-working.)
- Greenisland - (Researched and added a History section, which was previously missing.)
- Belfast quarters - (Completely re-did article.)
Shameless and Frequent Editing
[None at present]
My Created Userboxes