I am partially active on Wikipedia, again … – February/March 2014
Manipulations by New Kadampa Tradition Editors
Since the New Kadampa Tradition (NKT) "Truth Team(s)" and/or some devoted NKT 'truth-followers' have become active at Wikipedia – this started two weeks before NKT set up a world wide media campaign against the Dalai Lama via their front group the Western Shugden Society in April 2008 – some of the related Wikipedia articles have been strongly manipulated by them and a huge amount of WP:Reliable Sources have been deleted or were misrepresented.
I see no hope and use to make further contributions. Because the NKT editors are obviously not interested or able to follow the WP Guidelines and act in a massive manner as self-supporting group (which included socket puppetry), and because there were almost no editors with knowledge of academic material with respect to NKT & Shugden willing to help, I gave up to contribute.
Some of the Wikipedia articles as they were before NKT members started to manipulate them can be found here:
- 1. The New Kadampa Tradition (NKT-IKBU) / Kadampa Buddhism 2. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso 3. Dorje Shugden Controversy
Wikipedia Manipulations and WP:Reliable Sources
A very brief documentation of manipulations in Wikipedia (I could provide quite a long list) you find here:
Academic Research about Dorje Shugden / New Kadampa Tradition I summed here:
However, not only WP editors that are members of religious extremist groups, like the New Kadampa Tradition or the Western Shugden Society, are a problem for Wikipedia (remember, Scientology members have been banned in the past from editing the Scientology article) but also Chinese editors that manipulate Tibet related articles are a problem. For a brief intro see here:
|Search user languages|
My edits started on 20th July, 2005. I retired in 2008 but made sometimes few edits or added templates and links here and there.
- New Kadampa Tradition, Dorje Shugden Controversy, Kelsang Gyatso, Dorje Shugden
- Ole Nydahl, Michael Roach, Karmapa controversy,
- Dorje Shugden, Soka Gakkai International, Fundamentalism
- Kadampa, Je Tsongkhapa, Khedrup Gelek Pelzang, Gampopa
- Atisha, Lamrim, Kadampa Buddhist Temple, Vajrayana
- Schools of Buddhism, Rime movement, Tibetan Buddhism
- Bodhicitta, Ganden Tripa, Pratimoksha, Gelug
- Vinaya, Dharmaguptaka, Donald S. Lopez, Jr.
- Buddhism, Bodhisattva vows, Dilgo Khyentse
- Tibetan Buddhism, ordination, FPMT, Buddhism in France, Amitayus
- Kadampa Buddhists, Kadampa Buddhism, Heruka Buddhist Centre
- Peterborough, Thubten Yeshe, Avalokiteśvara, Amitabha
- Five Dhyani Buddhas, Sangha, Sarvastivada; FWBO
- Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (Tibetan), Wikipedia:Naming conventions (Tibetan)
- Theravada, Mahayana, Early Buddhist schools, Hīnayāna, Germany
- Buddhism in Germany
- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
- Western Shugden Society
Some of the contributions are huge some are minor.