I store useful templates, and store stuff for my records here
I'm still waiting for you to address my concerns (formal complaint to/about User:Petergriffin9901/"CallMeNathan"
Firstly, I should point out that I am quite reluctant to voice my complaints in such a bold and up-front manor (even as I am typing this, I am hoping that you would render more useful assistance in improving Endgame), but I feel that you have marginalized me.
I must say that while I was understandably disappointed by the result of your review alone, I am even more irritated by the fact that you still have not even addressed my concerns about your reviewing of the article. You have said that:
- the prose is not strong - How is it not strong? I personally haven't found a great deal of issues with it, just a few here and there, although that is not to say that it could not be better.
- MoS violations...You specifically cited Billboard - Were you talking about in text (one instance only) or in the references? what other MoS-contradicting features are there?
- Unsourced content...you specifically cited the chart positions - You 100% were correct in pointing that out (and it has been fixed)
- To quote you: "The references are just in shambles. So many poorly formatted references and just plain unreliable ones; infowars.com, megahammer.com, roadrunners.com, everydayjoe.com" - What part of the format is poor exactly?
- You cite Infowars as a unreliable source...in the context that it is used in (Mustaine on the Alex Jones Show) it is perfectly reliable since it is Jones' website. I would think he would be a reliable source for his own show. Would I use infowars as a source for George W. Bush or Queen Elizabeth II being 7 1/2 foot tall lizard people or whatever? Probably not. But in the context that it IS used in it is perfectly suitable - I would think Jones should know who was on his own show.
- you claim that there is a source by the name of "Megahammer" There was none. Perhaps you were seeing "Metal Hammer" which is a heavy metal news magazine, and would be perfectly acceptable as a reference on a heavy metal-related article
- "Roadrunners.com" - You were right in that it was a typo (supposed to be "Roadrunnerrecords.com", the website for Megadeth's label), but not that its an unreliable source (fixed now)
- "everydayjoe.com" - re-reporting a story from Roadrunner Records' news website 'Blabbermouth.net' (since replaced w/ original source)
It seems to me that you didn't really look closely over the article, as I would expect a reviewer to not make such trivial mistakes, much less refuse to acknowledge them, and that is exactly what you have done - you have been condescending ("I'm sorry to say this, but all this shows is your lack of understanding of the GA criteria[...]"--CallMeNathan • Talk2Me 19:31, 3 September 2011 (UTC) <--this for example could have been phrased more politely) and dismissive - you have simply refused to clearly address my concerns, and simply resorted to hiding behind the GA standards whenever I ask you to address my concerns.
Furthermore, you put words in my mouth: "I don't know here you got the idea that a GA reviewer is a copy-editor, who fixes all the issues."--CallMeNathan • Talk2Me 18:48, 3 September 2011 (UTC)(on my talk page) when I never said, nor inferred that the reviewer was supposed to rewrite the article; what I said was: "[...] it was my understanding (based on looking at other discussions for GA reviews) that should problems arise in the review, that you, the reviewer, were to prepare a list of things to be improved and give the nominating party, me in this case, an opportunity to remedy those faults."--L1A1 FAL (talk) 14:02, 3 September 2011 (UTC)(on your talk page)
You claim that you would gladly re-review the article with no wait when (more likely "if" now, since I am still not really sure of what all the things you were pointing out are) I get the article GA-worthy - however, you really offered no help in the interim, since you really aren't clear as to what needs to be done (how is the prose bad? MoS violations? what/where? so I can fix them. How are the references poorly formatted? I can't fix this stuff if you don't explain a little more clearly what exactly the problem is. Most of what you have pointed out is quite vague.
Ultimately, while I must again stress that I was displeased by the result of your review, I am most irritated by your condescending and dismissive attitude and what I believe to be a lack of attention to, and/or interest in the subject matter of the Endgame album's article.
I would also like to note that I am seriously considering putting the article up for reassessment - not that the immediate assessment result may be much different, but if it is, hopefully I can get some better feedback from another reviewer other than yourself on how to improve problems in the article.
Lastly, while I would greatly appreciate if you would grant me assistance so that I may improve the article, I expect otherwise. Quite frankly, I can't say I even expect you to read my complaint in its entirety.
Regional English variety preferences
(copy and paste)
|This user page is written in American English (labor, traveled, realize, analyze), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This user page is written in British English (colour, realise, travelled), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Band member timeline chart
Album chart ranking list
|Top Rock Albums||2|
|Top Digital Albums||10|
|Top Hard Rock Albums||1|
|Top European Albums||16|
|UK Top 40||24|
|Argentina Albums Chart||7|
|Australian Albums Chart||11|
|Austrian Albums Chart||22|
|Canadian Albums Chart||4|
|Finnish Albums Chart||7|
|German Albums Chart||21|
|Italian Albums Chart||26|
|Ireland Albums Chart||27|
|Norway Albums Chart||15|
|Poland Albums Chart||19|
|Switzerland Albums Chart||32|
|Swedish Albums Chart||17|