- 1 Attribution of Credit for Authorship of works (Copyright Licensing requirements)
- 2 Tor Blockade
- 3 Biography
- 4 Interests
- 5 Occupation
- 6 See Also
Attribution of Credit for Authorship of works (Copyright Licensing requirements)
- Aspiring hacker
- Distributed computing using the BOINC platform. My volunteer computing credit statistics.
- Standards‐based web development (and associated things like databases etc.). I both strongly support and advocate the open‐standards approach.
- Networking in general; from protocol design and network infrastructure & topology, to the details of existing protocols
- I use the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard exclusively. A faster, more efficient alternative to QWERTY
- Iʼm very much a supporter and advocate of [[Free Software|Free (Libre) (‘Open Source’) Software]] (preferably copyleft licensed), and related philosophies. Proprietary monopolies only make things more difficult for everyone.
- Iʼm also interested in Audio/Visual equipment such as professional audio engineering equipment.
- Technology in general.
A far from exhaustive list, merely some of my more notable favourites:
- Fawlty Towers
- Star Trek
- Black Books
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
- The Big Bang Theory
- The IT Crowd
- Documentaries, including:
Science & Technology
- Nano mechanics
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
My favourite game at the moment is The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, however it will probably migrate to Oblivion, which I plan to play once Iʼve ‘completed’ Morrowind (Elder Scrolls fans will understand the in‐joke, there).
- Richard Stallmanʼs Free Software, Free Society
- Lawrence Lessigʼs various publications.
- Various published works of Michael Moore
- George Orwellʼs 1984
- Various technical books related to the many aspects of web development.
- The Lord of the Rings of course.
- The Hobbit
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
Lately I am discovering that I am a hacker (in the original sense, not a (malicious) ‘security breaker’), or at least have the hacker nature, and that the incumbent education system is inadequate for such a person; I have endeavoured with a course of autonomous education to remedy the disparity.
Iʼve worked for several companies, including (in reverse chronological order):
- An IT data centre (Itex) for business continuity and disaster recovery, however Iʼll just say after what I saw there Iʼm surprised the company is still in business.
- A small but successful computer sales/installation business (Island Technology).
- An Event/media production company, mainly dealing with the audio/visual aspects of conferences, seminars, and corporate function events (Joyʼs Production Services).
- Summer/seasonal work, while I was still attending secondary education, for a marquee company (Vibert Marquees), which basically involved erecting and pitching marquees for private and corporate events, such as weddings, horse racing, corporate Christmas parties.