|MathKnight/Gothic||CAT D9 dozer and IDF Caterpillar D9||גלריה Gallery|
Hello, this my webpage on Wikipedia. some useful Wiki links (which are very useful to me) as well as a long list of articles to which I have made a major contribution, and which I'm checking once a while.
Area of interests include physics and mathematics (as I am a bachelor in Math & Physics, and a Master in Physics), engineering, Gothic architecture, Combat Engineering, IDF Caterpillar D9, counter-terrorism, Gothic literature and philosophy, metal music, Israel and photography - check my Gallery (pictures I've created).
As an Israeli Jew I have added articles about Israel and fixed other articles - which had inaccuracies about Israel (misspelled names, unupdated information etc). Scope of the articles isn't limited to politics and the Israel-Palestinian conflict but also deals with the geography, history, culture, sports and science of Israel.
I am a son to a familiy which lost dear ones in the Holocaust and have seen the horrors of Palestinian terrorism during Police service. I cannot accept any form of Holocaust denial, support of Nazism, Antisemitism toward Jews and denying their right to live safely in their own Jewish state in Israel.
Currently I'm a SysOp in the Hebrew Wikipedia and therefore investing most of my efforts on improving and monitoring the domestic Wikipedia. It is developing very well, with great increase in Sciences (Mathematics and Physics) and Military technology articles. Recently I started a project on Gothic and Neo-Gothic cathedrals and structures in the Hebrew Wikipedia.
Some favorite quotes:
- "מי שמתחיל כמכחיש טרור והרשעות הפלשטינית, סופו שיסיים כמכחיש שואה והרשעות הנאצית"
- "אם תרצו אין זו אגדה" – בנימין זאב תאודור הרצל
- כלל: " ואהבת לרעך כמוך (ויקרא יט יח) - זה כלל גדול בתורה" - רבי עקיבא
- "If you will it -- it is no fairytale." - Benjamin Theodore Zeev Herzl
- "Love thy friend as you love yourself" - Vayikra/Leviticus (the Torah)
- “Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." - Sir Winston Churchill
- "A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world." - Muhammad
- "One should always generalize.[Man muss immer generalisieren]." - Carl Gustav Jakob Jacobi
You may leave a message on my talk page.
- 1 Useful Links and worktools
- 2 List of contributions
- 3 Favorite articles
- 4 The workshop
Useful Links and worktools
- Wikipedia Math Syntax - TeX markup.
- Wikipedia how to edit a page:
- Tables of Math and Physics
- Units conversions:
List of contributions
Includes new articles written by me, articles with serious additions written by me, or with major copyedit work done by me. Some of the articles in this list are also on my watchlist and I frequently check them. Some of the articles here are incomplete (such as Palmach and still need more work).
The list is sorted according to topics (the topic may be hyperlinked even if I did not edit the big topic articles).
Articles about Science
- Normal modes
- Harmonic oscillator
- Polar and Axial vectors
- Special Relativity
- Quantum Mechanics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Modified Newtonian dynamics (MOND)
- Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra (in finite and infinite-dimensional space)
- Complex Analysis
Technology and Engineering
- Military technology
- Corps and Doctrines
- Armored Fighting Vehicles
- Rifles and small arms
- Ancient arms and armour
- Engineering Vehicles
- Fictionary devices
- Natural Sciences
- The Holocaust
- Politics of Israel:
- Science of Israel
- Boris Tsirelson (currently a stub)
- Culture of Israel:
- Economy of Israel and Israeli firms:
- Cities, places and sites in Israel
- History of Israel
Israeli Security Forces and actual affairs
- Israeli Security Forces:
- Israeli Defence Forces
- Other security and rescue services:
- Israeli Weapons and Defense Technology
- Actual Affairs
- Atrocities and terrorism against Israelis
- Passover massacre (27 March, 2002)
- Patt junction massacre (18 June, 2002)
- Jerusalem bus 20 massacre (21 November, 2002)
- Jerusalem bus 2 massacre (19 October, 2003)
- List of massacres committed during the Al-Aqsa Intifada
- Palestinian terrorism
- Terrorism against Israel
- Violence in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict 2004
- Violence in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict 2005
- Terror groups and methods
- Other affairs
- Atrocities and terrorism against Israelis
- Philosophy, Sociology and Political sciences
- Culture and Entertainment
- Gothic and Medieval culture
Note: this is not a full list.
This is a list of articles not written by me, that I found to be very impressive and well written.
Math and Physics
- Characterizations of the exponential function - one of the most important proofs of the freshman Calculus course, which is often overlooked by the students, actually - this proof establishes that e = 2.718281828459045...
- Golden ratio - indeed, a golden ratio
- EPR paradox
- Handwaving - only for people from the field...
- Heavy metal music
- Notre-Dame de Paris - excellent photos of the magnificent Gothic cathedral
- Bughouse chess שחמט זוגיות - one of my favorite games...
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense - funny vandalism comments