User:Matthew R Dunn
|— Wikipedian —|
That's him, there!
|Name||Matthew Robert Dunn|
23 June 1988 |
|Current location||Gwynedd, Wales|
|Education and employment|
|College||Coleg Menai (2004-08)|
|University||Bangor University (2008-10)|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
Hello, people of Wikipedia. I am User:Matthew R[obert] Dunn, and welcome to my user page. I will be talking a little about myself, and what it is I do here. But first, if you have any queries, concerns, problems with my edits, or you want any help, you are very welcome and free to leave me a message on my talk page, and I will get back to them as soon as I can. Now where was I. Oh yes...
If you happen to stumble across this page, you can either move on right now, or waste a few minutes of your time reading on. Right, all the ones who want to move on gone? Good. Now for those who are still reading, I will continue to talk about myself. As the username suggests, I am Matthew (no psuedonyms or anything, promise) because at the time of starting my account, I didn't think of using an Internet name, but I'm not bothered really. Besides, not everybody uses Internet names like "AwesomeMan20" or something. That was a name I just made up by the way. But, if there is someone who goes by that name, in Wikipedia or anywhere else and you are reading this, hello! I just think using real names is honest.
- 1 "Quit stalling, tell us about yourself!"
- 2 "Okay, what about interests?"
- 3 "Enough! What about your history on Wikipedia?"
- 4 "Do you edit in any Wikis, Wikia or otherwise?"
"Quit stalling, tell us about yourself!"
Alright, alright! Like the template dictates, I was born in 23 June 1988 in some maternity ward in Northampton. I then moved up to North Wales when I was but 10 months old, and I have lived there ever since. I have one brother and two sisters, who are all younger than me. When I was growing up, I went through the standard education; primary school, then secondary school. When I was 16 I attended a BTEC National Diploma course in Travel and Tourism, in Coleg Menai, Bangor in 2004. I passed in 2006, but I wanted to attend the same course afterwards for a better grade; I got a merit. In 2008, I decided to join a Higher National Diploma course for Hospitality Management. It was a Bangor University course, but since it was not a degree, I spent most of my time in Coleg Menai again. Whilst there, my group had to take part in an NVQ in a college kitchen. In June 2010 I passed those courses.
Now I am still at home, having some time off before I will look for work. I spent summer of 2009 working in a small hotel in Criccieth, mostly doing some hard labour in the kitchen, like washing dishes and mopping floor. I couldn't work there in summer 2010, because they haven't asked me, and there was some trouble involving a water leak (that wasn't me, I swear :). Since 2012, I currently work as a shop assistant in a holiday park, but it's mostly a seasonal thing each year. I also do some fair bit of editing in this great encyclopedia, not unless I count this as "work", in which case, why aren't I getting paid for this?
"Most of what you said was on that box, what else!?"
I don't feel you should know much else about me. This isn't an autobiography.
"Okay, what about interests?"
What do you have in mind?
"What kind of music do you like?"
I mostly like listening to alternative rock. My favourite bands/singers include;
I generally like watching action films. At times, I also enjoy watching Pixar films (and you are never too old to enjoy Disney films!) My favourite type of films are James Bond films.
I was always into James Bond ever since I remember, and still to this day wishes to be the next him (move over Danny). I still haven't grown out of my Bond fantasies at times. In 2007, I had to come into college one day in a suit, and since Bond wears suits, I brought a toy handgun with me and concealed it :)
The favourite Bond bits include;
- Film; You Only Live Twice
- 007 actor; Sean Connery/Daniel Craig
- Bond villain; Ernst Stavro Blofeld (The Donald Pleasence one, not Kojak, not the other guy)
- Henchman; Oddjob/Jaws/Stamper
- Bond girl; Domino Derval
- Theme song; Live and Let Die/You Know My Name
"What kind of TV shows do you like?"
The first list details my favourite TV shows in alphabetical order;
- 8 Out of 10 Cats
- A Town Called Eureka
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- 'Allo 'Allo!
- American Dad!
- Battlestar Galactica (2004)
- The Blacklist
- Breakout Kings
- The Bridge
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Burn Notice
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- CSI: Miami
- CSI: NY
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago P.D.
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Doc Martin
- Doctor Who
- Drake & Josh
- The Fairly OddParents
- Family Guy
- Fawlty Towers
- Harry Hill's TV Burp
- Have I Got News for You
- Hawaii Five-0
- Human Target
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Law & Order: UK
- Lie to Me
- Mad Dogs
- Mock the Week
- Modern Family
- Monty Halls' Great Escape
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks
- Newswipe with Charlie Brooker
- Orphan Black
- Person of Interest
- Prison Break
- Raising Hope
- Red Dwarf
- Scooby Doo
- The Simpsons
- Sleepy Hollow
- South Park
- Stargate Atlantis
- Stargate SG-1
- Stargate Universe
- Strike Back
- Tom & Jerry
- Top Gear
- The Tunnel
- Waking the Dead
- The Walking Dead
- Warehouse 13
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- The X-Files
- Ultimate Force
"That looks like a lot. Any shows you hate?"
My God, yes! Here they are:
- Caprica (And people prefer that to SGU??? Why??? Less goes on in Caprica!)
- All Soap Operas (Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, they may be a ratings hit, but it's not for everyone)
- The Cleveland Show (just isn't funny at all compared with predecessor Family Guy, which is hilarious)
- True Blood (just nothing more than Vampire porn)
- US sitcoms (the laugh track just proves how much they suck! The ones without the laugh track are okay though)
"Enough! What about your history on Wikipedia?"
I started an account as "Matthew R Dunn" and did my first edit on 27 October 2007. I was aware the website was around about a couple of years before that. I started to find myself more attached to it, and eventually signed up. Ever since, I have over 4,000 edits in my name. At first, I was considered quite a newbie, editing without any regard to any of the rules. As time went by, I began to become more accustomed to them. I like editing on Wikipedia and expand the outside knowledge and insight into the behind the scenes information on pages regarding fiction, as well as the occasional edits on other topics, like articles regarding the local area.
In 22 October 2008, I created my own sandbox page to work on various projects. On 11 December 2008, I have been granted Rollback rights. I am not an administrator, and to be honest, I don't want to be one. Since 2009, I started and have made nine good articles, with three currently pending. I would have gotten eleven, but I failed two of them. I also tried to make a featured list once, but that failed too. My goal now is to try and make a featured article. Hopefully one day, if I succeed at promoting a featured article, I will nominate it for Today's featured article on the main page.
"Okay, enough with all that. What have you done?"
I'll tell you what I haven't done, trolling, or vandalise this great encyclopedia (at least, I don't do these things intentionally). Here is a list of some of my major contributions. The articles in bold indicate that I created those pages (looks at the page histories if you don't believe me).
- "Be All My Sins Remember'd", "Sometimes a Great Notion (Battlestar Galactica)", "He That Believeth in Me", "The Daedalus Variations", "Adrift (Stargate Atlantis)", "Lifeline (Stargate Atlantis)", "First Strike (Stargate Atlantis)", "Fata Morgana (Sanctuary)", Strike Back (TV series), Adam Carter, Lucas North, "Series 8, Episode 1 (Spooks)", "Series 8, Episode 8 (Spooks)", "Pavor Nocturnus" (Sanctuary), "Thou Shalt Not Kill (Spooks)", "Day One (Torchwood)", "Cyberwoman", "New Allegiances", "Split Loyalties", "The Tip-Off", "On the Brink", "Nuclear Strike" (Spooks)", Mad Dogs (TV series), Maya Lahan, Spooks (series 7), "The Curse of the Black Spot", "The Impossible Astronaut", Sanctuary (season 1), Nikita (Nikita character), Helen Magnus, Sanctuary (season 2), Spooks (series 3), "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues", Strike Back: Project Dawn, "Pilot (Hawaii Five-0)", "The Hounds of Baskerville", "Looking After Our Own", Tom Quinn (Spooks), "Nest of Angels", Spooks (series 1)
- None right now
- List of awards and nominations received by Coldplay (failed to promite to featured list), Carson Beckett (failed to promote it to GA), "The Shrine", "The Sontaran Strategem"
- Jennifer Keller, "Enemy at the Gate (Stargate Atlantis)", "Six of One (Battlestar Galactica)", "Sanctuary for All", "Homecoming (Lost)", Matthew Scott (Stargate), "End of Nights", "One Last Dance (Spooks)", "Traitor's Gate (Spooks)", "Series 8, Episode 4 (Spooks)", "Smoke and Mirrors (Spooks)", Beth Bailey, Will Zimmerman
- Sanctuary (season 3), Sanctuary (season 4), Spooks (series 2), Spooks (series 4), Spooks (series 5), Spooks (series 6), Spooks (series 8), Spooks (series 9), Strike Back: Vengeance (essentially started out as Strike Back 3, another user moved it before I found out)
- List of awards and nominations received by Stargate Atlantis, List of Sanctuary characters, List of Spooks episodes, Every CSI-related episode lists, Criminal Minds (season 1), Criminal Minds (season 2), Criminal Minds (season 3), Criminal Minds (season 4), Criminal Minds (season 5), List of Doc Martin episodes (reformat)
- Cadwalader's Ice Cream
I will also list other pages I have created;
- This page
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Sandbox
- Category:Muse (band)
- Template:User WP Prison Break
- Search and rescue (disambiguation)
- Category:Sanctuary (TV series)
I also created the following infoboxes;
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Userbox/Horatio Caine
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Userbox/42
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Userbox/OMG
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Userbox/Qur'an day
- User:Matthew R Dunn/Userbox/Mince pies
Yep. These images below were taken by myself from my digital camera, and uploaded into Wikimedia Commons.
A loaf of Bara brith
The locomotive "Britomart" from the Ffestiniog Railway
The NGG 16 No 87 entering Beddgelert railway station
The Pullman observation car at the back of the train, taken nine carriages; the front of the train on a very sharp corner near Rhyd Ddu railway station
Pant Glas, the home village of famous singer Bryn Terfel, and famous (I use this term lightly, of course) Wikipedia editor Matthew R Dunn
"You say you made good articles, have you reviewed any?"
Glad you asked. Yes I did as a matter of fact. The following list are the articles I reviewed, with icons besides them meaning if they either passed or failed (if the icons have a crack through them, that means they were not good articles);
- Bobby Singer
- "Into the Crevasse"
- "Excellence in Broadcasting"
- Pointe shoes
- "Seeing Red" (Dexter)
- "Remember Paul?"
- The International (film)
- "Olivia" (Fringe)
- "A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love"
- Rose and Bernard Nadler
- "Attack of the Alligators!"
- "Adrift" (Lost)
- "Media Blitz"
- "There's More Than One of Everything"
- Gilly Roach
- Donna Jackson
- "See No Evil" (Homicide: Life on the Street)
- "Unleashed" (Fringe)
- "Fifteen" (song)
- "Bixby's Back"
- Ruby Buckton
- "FOX-y Lady"
- "I Am the Walrus" (American Dad!)
- "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide" (Fringe)
- "Chuck Versus the Cliffhanger"
- Dr. No (film)
- Scott & Bailey
- Goldfinger (film)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (film)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (film)
- "Days Gone Bye"
- "Trials and Tribble-ations"
- "Seahorse Seashell Party"
- "Victory of the Daleks"
- "Now You Know" (Desperate Housewives)
- Paul (film)
- "We Found Love" (video)
- "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q"
- "Whiplash" (Selena Gomez & the Scene song)
- "Public Relations" (Mad Men)
- "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"
- "Flesh and Stone"
- Home Alone
- "Bass Down Low"
- Tower Heist
- "Pam's Replacement"
- "Save the Last One"
"What are you planning now?"
Operation "Frakking Toaster"
Long shot, and just making out of compulsion, but I want to make Battlestar Galactica (season 3) a good topic, though it may never be completed, if five are GAs then that would be an achievement. In case you don't know, "frak" is Battlestar's way to say "fuck", and toaster means cylon, so it's basically "Operation Fucking Cylons"
19 articlesBattlestar Galactica (season 3)
"Have you won any of those barnstar awards?"
|The Original Barnstar|
|Many GA reviewers just say "copyedit needed", whereas you give plenty of copy edit suggestions. It is great to see you do not mind giving your time up and doing a thorough check of the prose. Great attention to detail when it comes to editing.Rain the 1 BAM 01:33, 31 March 2011 (UTC)|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For reviewing 10 or more Good article nominations during this past March 2011 GA backlog elimination drive, I hereby award you The Tireless Contributor Barnstar. Nice work! –MuZemike 17:30, 13 April 2011 (UTC)|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For your hard work on Nikita characters Jayy008 (talk) 16:45, 25 July 2011 (UTC)|
|The Good Article Barnstar|
|Thanks Matthew R Dunn for helping to promote Sanctuary (season 2) to Good Article status. Please accept this little sign of appreciation and goodwill from me, because you deserve it. Keep it up, and give some a pat on the back today. --Sp33dyphil © • © 02:47, 27 November 2011 (UTC)|
|The Good Article Reviewer's Medal of Merit|
|It is with great admiration that I award you this barnstar for completing Good Article reviews for the December 2011 Good Article Nomination backlog elimination drive Cheers,AstroCog (talk) 22:40, 3 February 2012 (UTC)|
"Do you edit in any Wikis, Wikia or otherwise?"
Yes I do, some I do, some I did, but not edit as often anymore. The wikias I have started contributing in order;
- Matthew R Dunn on Wikiquote
- Matthew R Dunn on Stargate Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on Battlestar Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on Doctor Who Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on 24 Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on Fringe Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on Memory Alpha
- Matthew R Dunn on CSI Wiki
- Matthew R Dunn on Lostpedia
- Matthew R Dunn on Wikimedia Commons