|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
|It's really pretty simple:|
I am engaged to the lovely Nyxie.
All of the following make using and contributing to Wikipedia easier for me:
- The Mozex plugin for Mozilla, which lets me edit the contents of a textbox in the text editor of my choice
- The Vim text editor with Wikipedia syntax mode
- The Wikipedia link script in XChat on #wikipedia and #enrc.wikipedia
- CryptoDerk's Vandal Fighter, a Java recent changes ticker
Areas of Interest
In which I describe in a barely-organized manner the sorts of things I expect I might be contributing to based on my interests and history.
Sociology and Economics
I have an undergraduate degree in sociology which at times started looking like I might end up studying Economics instead. My areas of concentration at the time included deviance, labor theory, queer theory, and medical sociology.
I studied jazz performance and computer music at the undergrad level for three years before switching into sociology. I play rock and jazz bass guitar, jazz and a bit of classic double bass, Irish traditional music on the flute and tinwhistle, and a bit of bodhrán and guitar.
I possess (but have not used for some time — in fact it expires any day now) a student pilot permit, and am predictably a bit of an aviation nut, although I'm certainly not an aviation historian. Nonetheless I expect I will be dabbling in some general aviation articles.
I have no formal training in physics whatsoever, but I might have enough understanding thereof to tweak articles toward the layman level.
I am a neophyte motorcyclist, having picked up a license and a 1981 GS250T this summer and will find my way around relevant articles soon enough.
Articles for which I take some blame
Full or nearly-full blame
- Exploding sheep
- Hot Hot Heat
- Emily Stowe
- Loyalist College
- Banana bread (and the recipe that Nyxie uses)
- Little Italy, Ottawa
- Gentlemen's Quarterly
- Tin whistle
- Bagel (Montreal vs New York)
- Folk etymology versus fake etymology, especially on pages that link to folk etymology
- Sorting out what the heck pomelos are, and if they're different from pummelos (they aren't)
- Bodhrán in Bodhrán
- Betta splendens in Siamese fighting fish
- Tugboats in Tugboat
- Freshwater angelfish in Freshwater angelfish
- Tin whistles in Tin whistle
- Fantastic Plastic Machine — Japanese lounge-pop "band" of dj Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Private Copying — Peculiarities of Canadian music media tariffs
- Marcel Breuer — Bauhaus architect and designer
- Village Vanguard — seminal New York jazz club
- Expand DLT — mechanics of drive and cartridge, stripes, DECtape history
- Clamato — start with http://www.cincypost.com/2004/05/19/clam051904.html
- Check performance numbers at Cessna 150 (>100 kt cruise?) and format like Cessna 152