From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hark! I'm Mike! Please do leave a message on my talk page.
Some new articles I have contributed:
- John Fewster
- Edinburgh College Students' Association
- Edinburgh College
- St Cecilia's Hall
- University of Edinburgh School of Social and Political Sciences
- University of Edinburgh School of Health in Social Science
- University of Edinburgh School of Physics and Astronomy
- Edinburgh University Socialist Society
- National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts
- Peter McColl
Articles I have significantly contributed to/regularly maintain
A short bio
I was asked to write a bio about myself (in the 3rd person) for a conference I'm due to speak at, so I thought I might as well share it here for anybody curious:
- Mike Shaw is an undergraduate Mathematical Physics student at the University of Edinburgh and a campaigner for public education. He is a trustee of Edinburgh University Students’ Association and is provisional President of the Edinburgh University Socialist Society. As a member of the National Committee of the National Campaign Against Fees & Cuts (NCAFC) he supports and advises education activists across the UK. Mike is currently leading a scheme to establish student housing co-operatives in Edinburgh and to form a national representative body for student co-ops. As a sufferer of mental health problems, Mike has a keen interest in the ties and frictions between political radicalism and mental health issues.
- During his time at University he has successfully campaigned for fixed international fees, better bursaries for rest-of-UK students, and to prevent a major deal between the University and the Bahraini government, a known perpetrator of human rights abuses. In his spare time he is Commissar of Visual Stimuli for the Edinburgh Rascal, a contemptuous muck-rag of satire and whimsy. Mike also takes a particular interest in anarchism and bunting.