The entity known as on various online venues as Miwasatoshi (三輪 悟史 Miwa Satoshi), (born July 18 1979, San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines) is a Filipino-born American birder and anime reviewer who has served intermittently as a Wikipedian since 2 February 2005. Contrary to popular belief, he is not Japanese, rather, taking his pseudonym from the character of the same name from Marmalade Boy, portrayed by Shinichiro Ohta.
Unlike Wikipedia custom, this user name uses Eastern order: family name first.
- Ethnicity: Filipino, part Spanish and Hakka Han Chinese
- Residence: Austin, Texas, USA
- Alma Mater: Chandler High School, 1997; Arizona State University, 2008, B.A. - Japanese
- Occupation: Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, THEM Anime
- Interests: birding, geocaching, video games, geography, linguistics, anime, manga
- Dislikes: chauvinism, clowns, Eurocentrism, Rick Perry, misogyny, PETA, The Pina Colada Song, TMZ, voice mail
- Favorite Foods: Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, lechon, fried eggplant, Pad Thai, mole poblano, chile relleno
- Least Favorite Foods: celery, pickled cucumbers, black licorice candy, cranberry sauce, lima beans
- Theme Song: Kansas, "Carry On Wayward Son"
- Personal Mondegreen: (age five) "Amoy suka" (Tagalog: "smelly vinegar") - Elvis Presley, "I'm All Shook Up"
- 1 Who is this guy?
- 2 Past contributions
- 3 Large Scale WikiProjects
- 4 Pet WikiProjects
- 5 Wiki Friends List
- 6 Notable Schoolmates
- 7 Miscellany
- 8 To be added to Wikipedia (or not)
- 9 Birding and travel map
- 10 External links
- 11 This Wikipedian's d20 System statistics
- 12 Useful Stuff
- 13 Thanks
- 14 Licenses
Who is this guy?
Hey, folks! As implied above, I am a naturalized citizen of the United States, a status I don't see changing any time soon. This directly results in my consistent and exclusive use of American English: I don't live in a Commonwealth nation so I won't be using Commonwealth English except perhaps in jest. (Or Monty Python references.)
As stated above, Miwa Satoshi isn't my real name, but seeing as I don't supply that here, feel free to call me "Miwa".
I am an intermittent Wikipedian and have been occasionally found in the past patrolling articles involving Japanese pop culture, including anything listed above, as well as music. I have been known to start a few stubs on obscure languages (probably not obscure to their speakers, I imagine!), to fix typographical and spelling errors on articles of utterly random historical figures, and to try (possibly in vain) to reassert the dominance of Hepburn romanization as the internationally accepted system for depicting Japanese in our alphabet.
You've probably figured out by now that my WikiTalent is the creation and maintenance of lists. I enjoy doing this and I'm apparently good at it. I have absolutely no idea why, because outside of this, I am ridiculously disorganized in every other facet of my life. I'm rather easy to find on the Internet, as I am a prolific anime reviewer, am still involved in birding communities, and post frequently on various social networks.
My activity in WikiProject Anime has largely ceased, as I am cited with increasing frequency as an outside source and wish to avoid any perceived conflict of interest.
Despite the Babel box to the right, I am not in fact an otaku, as otaku (in the classical sense) tend not to have outdoor hobbies or wedding rings. I have, however, seen over 1,000 different anime series, which is admittedly a larger number than the number of bird species I have seen. Fortunately, that proportion is steadily changing in favor of the birds.
Large Scale WikiProjects
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Anime and manga
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Arizona
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Beer
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Birds
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Dinosaurs
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Japan
- articles for birds on life list not yet profiled
- Category:Arizona geography stubs
- Category:Ornithologists by nationality (sorting)
- Category:Voice actors by nationality (sorting)
- ja:names for all animals
- List of fish common names
- List of zoologists by author abbreviation
- redirects for birds under AOU naming conventions (WikiPedia follows HBW format)
Wiki Friends List
- User:Kensuke Aida
- User:Kyaa the Catlord
- /life list
- /plant list
- /anime list
- /convention list
- /travel list
- /notable family members
To be added to Wikipedia (or not)
- /List of birdwatching locations by nation
- /List of animals featured in the Endless Ocean series
- /List of apparel and armor
- /List of crossings of the Colorado River
- /List of gemstones and ornamental stones
- /List of kamon
- /List of mêlée weapons
- /List of namesakes of birds
- /List of namesakes of dinosaurs
- /List of nation-states in Europa Universalis series
- /List of non-Japanese sumo wrestlers
- /List of non-playable characters in the Dynasty Warriors series
- /List of Personas appearing in the Shin Megami Tensei series
- /List of plants used in medicine
- /List of prehistoric mammals by alphabetical order
- /List of ranged weapons
- /List of river name etymologies
- /List of tree names in various languages
- /List of weapon names in various languages
- /References in the Disgaea series
Birding and travel map
This Wikipedian's d20 System statistics
The E=MC² Barnstar
For creating many quality articles on fauna, in particular birds, and compiling detailed lists about them, I award you this barnstar
|The Special Barnstar|
|I hereby award The Special Barnstar to Miwasatoshi for being so gosh darn special. You are a wonderful writer and a great friend. mheart 06:47, 28 September 2007 (UTC)|
I agree to multi-license all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at