|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Molly-in-md is the pseudonym of a long-time Wikipedia user and, since 2006, an occasional editor. She says:
If I see an error in a page, I will fix it. The most common fixes are grammatical and punctuation errors. They drive me crazy.
What are my qualifications? I am technical writer and editor in my paying (part-time) job and I'm good at spotting errors. It's a chicken-and-egg thing: am I an editor because I have a good eye, or do I have a good eye because I'm an editor? Doesn't really matter. Wikipedia benefits.
Just for fun, here's a list of her edits.
If you have spare time, consider helping to clean up Wikipedia:
- list of articles that need copy editing, at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAT:COPYEDIT
- list of articles that are orphaned (without being referenced in any other articles), at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Orphaned_articles
- citations that need to be conformed to WP:CT so they don't succumb to link rot, listed at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Articles_needing_link_rot_cleanup
- citations that need formatting, at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Articles_needing_footnote_reformatting
Here are some helpful links when editing a Wikipedia page:
- how to tag a page for problems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tagging_pages_for_problems (see lists of tags at the bottom, especially for cleanup)
- citation templates at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_templates (or a list of a bunch of specialized templates, at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Citation_Style_1)
- shortened footnotes at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Shortened_footnotes
- automatic conversion templates at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Convert
- adding a tag at the top for additional citations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Refimprove (as versus an article that has no citations at all, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Unreferenced) or demanding additional inline citations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Inline_citation
- what to do when a link goes dead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources#Preventing_and_repairing_dead_links
- how to use the IMDB tag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IMDB#IMDb
- information about the Guild of Copy Editors, including the GOCEinuse tag and a list of checkmarks
Update: have received AWB approval, at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage, but need to download the software.