|Nathan2055 is taking a long wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia in the future.|
I'm leaving Wikipedia for right now for several reasons that I don't want to go into here. I had said I was retiring before, but retiring is a strong word (and I don't want to be a repeat of Chzz (talk · contribs)). I have a feeling I will be back eventually, so I'm just gonna say I'm on wikibreak. I'll try and respond to any talk page messages left here. Thanks for your support everyone, Nathan2055talk - contribs 20:58, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 06 August 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Leading universities educate with Wikipedia in Mexico
- News and notes: "History is a human right"—first-ever transparency report released as Europe begins hiding Wikipedia in search results
- Traffic report: Ebola drives reader interest
- Featured content: Bottoms, asses, and the fairies that love them
- Technology report: A technologist's Wikimania preview
Wikidata weekly summary #121
Wikidata weekly summary #122
Wikidata weekly summary #114
The Signpost: 13 August 2014
- Wikimania: Promised the moon, settled for the stars
- Special report: Twitter bots catalogue government edits to Wikipedia
- News and notes: Media Viewer controversy spreads to German Wikipedia
- Wikimedia in education: Global Education—WMF's Perspective
- In the media: Monkey selfie, net neutrality, and hoaxes
- Featured content: Cambridge got a lot of attention this week
- Traffic report: Disease, decimation and distraction
GOCE July drive and August blitz
|Guild of Copy Editors July 2014 backlog elimination drive wrap-up
Participation: Thanks to everyone who participated in the July drive. Of the 40 people who signed up this drive, 22 copy edited at least one article. Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: We reduced our article backlog from 2400 articles to 2199 articles in July. This is a new month-end record low for the backlog. Nice work, everyone!
Blitz: The August blitz will run from August 24–30. The blitz will focus on articles from the GOCE's Requests page. Awards will be given out to everyone who copy edits at least one of the target articles. The blitz will run from August 24–30. Sign up here!
Cheers from your GOCE coordinators, , and .