|Search user languages|
May the spirit of La Convivencia return to the world and spread (and include all ethnicities and beliefs).
Netscott 16:24, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
My Wikipedia Contributions
- My meta creations
- Template:Tnavbar - Probably my number one overall contribution to Wikipedia has been the creation and of this template. Tnavbar has standardized and facilitated access to previously difficult to edit template space by providing basic editor centric meta-links straight from templates themselves. If you've ever seen: or: links then you've seen Tnavbar at work. This template has as it has been adopted by at least 72 various language Wikis.
- Template:Tnavbar-header similar to Tnavbar but provides for correct centering of template headers that include Tnavbar.
- Template:or - Inspired by Template:Facts this template has seen decent adoption by editors who want to tag specific passages of text as [original research?].
- Template:Nbsp (since renamed Template:Spaces) this creation with the help of User:David Kernow has facilitated the usage of multiple non-breaking space characters for page formatting across thousands of pages (via templates).
- Template:Blplinks - to help facilitate reporting and tracking problem articles on the Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons/Noticeboard.
- Template:TOChidden - a template that allows editors to clear up large amounts of dead blank space in longer articles through hiding of the __TOC__ in a collapsible box.
- Category:Anti-Islam sentiment
- My article creations
- Optical levitation
- Spin stabilized magnetic levitation
- Leona Woods
- Keif al-hal?
- Descriptions of the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons a breakout article from a section I had heavily edited on the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy article.
- Significant article contributions
- Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy
- Depictions of Muhammad
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- Michael Richards
- Cardinal Newman High School
- El Fagr
My disdain for soapboxing on Wikipedia
One of the unfortunate aspects of Wikipedia is how it can be abused as a political and religious propaganda tool.
In my editing I try to make efforts to reduce these abuses but frequently it seems pointless when others don't
take notice of this abuse and assist to reduce its prevalence.
Currently, some of the articles that best exemplify the usage of Wikipedia as propaganda tool are the following:
In these last two cases Wikipedia is being utilized to lend credence to these neologisms. The reason this is bad is that these terms
are both frequently used to quash valid criticisms of their respectively related ideologies.
The term "Islamophobia" is frequently used in efforts to silence those who make valid criticisms about Islam.
The phrase "New antisemitism" is frequently used in efforts to silence those who make valid criticisms about Israel and Zionism.
Unfortunately these abuses can extend to other articles that are related to these two terms.
This is currently the case with the Zionism article where in the terminology section there is a quote from Walter Laqueur
that is in effect stating the core tenet of the concept of "New antisemitism" that antisemites utilize the term "Anti-Zionism" as a euphamism for
antisemitism. As the article stands now there is no counterpoint to this quote. The reason this is bad is that such wording has a chilling effect on
those who otherwise would not be hesitant in expressing valid criticisms regarding Israel and Zionism.
This is not the first time that editors have utilized the Zionism article in this way and I suspect it will not be the last. (→Netscott) 07:09, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Do you believe you have a valid point of contention about my edits and would like the whole world to know it the moment they come to my user page?
Here's your chance!
If you can competently argue for why any of my edits are less than valid and you feel a need to vent, please first post something bordering on insult about my edit (certainly not about me, remember WP:NPA) and then present your argument(s) (or use my talk page if you're hesitant to edit my user page) for why they are not valid. When insulting my edit(s)/argument(s)/view(s) use words like asinine, inane or the old standby ridiculous. Know that the more ostentatious and sesquipedalian the words are that you use to insult my edits, the more I'll be liable to "take notice" and give proper attention to your entire argument. Also, the more likely they'll remain for awhile on my User page. There's only one simple rule... make your comments only in the box provided below and try to have fun!
On second thought, if you simply want to insult my edit(s)/argument(s)/view(s) then by all means, do so here but do your best to remain civil. Netscott 17:17, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
The Islamic Barnstar Award
Awarded by Timothy Usher on June 1, 2006 for your relentless defense of reason on Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy
|A Barnstar awarded by User:Striver to Netscott for him assisting me through the undeletion proces of Barra binte Samawal. The article was speedy deleted, and Netscott helped me to get it survive an afd. Thus, a relatively obscure but notable part of Islamic and Jewish history is preserved on Wikipedia!|