|Stable release||November 9, 2012|
- Form tooltips support
- Multiple forms open at once
- Prepend and append support (for adding <ref> tags)
- Ribbon UI
- Preview templates before adding them to articles
Open your skin's js page and add the following to it:
If you use Greasemonkey, just click here.
If you would like to help translate SnipManager to work on a different Wikipedia just send me a PM and I would be glad to assist.
If you are interested in adding more forms, see User:Odie5533/doctoparameter.py for a script I wrote to help automate the process.
- Display example of templates
- Tool-tip like display when hovering over the template button
- Display example at the top of a form
- Example could be shown either using plain HTML, or a live example using an AJAX preview request
- On hover, set tooltip timeout, delay 0.5 seconds before displaying. Leaving the button disables the timeout
- Infobox ribbon tab
- A panel is displayed that displays the usage for the template and has a button to insert the template (not an entry form like for citations, just for usage and insertion)
- Could just use the above tool-tip onHover method for infoboxes
- Add button to bottom right of panels to link to a list of similar templates
- Later change link to dialog similar to Friendly/Twinkle
- Auto-generate reference names with author's last name and year
- Have a button to generate it
- Or have a button to Add with generated ref name
- Or automatically generate it as the user fills in the year and last name