|24 December 2014|
We remember you, Nish.
i attended harvard college and bĕi dà, (Chinese: 北大, peking university). i am a linguist and a writer although not an author per se. i've had one book published, but since it is a travel guide i won't mention it further.
- Wikipedia:No angry mastodons
- I employ the One Revert Rule aka BOLD, revert, discuss cycle - edit boldly, and if reverted, discuss with the reverter to see if my edits were a good idea.
- "Muslim before Moslem" - this tried and true principle is to fix Arabic words and names to Library of Congress standard whenever possible. When in doubt, Muslim is a better choice than Moslem. This principle applies as well to all languages; my focus just tends to be on the Semitic and Indo-Iranian languages.
- I ruthlessly apply the guidelines provided in Manual of Style/Islam-related articles. NO MERCY!
- I loathe drama. I'm a queer woman, so there's already enough bloody drama in my life, so down with drama.
i've studied many languages a little, but unfortunately few of them with any depth. i've got a magpie mind: i collect what glitters.
my interests are wide-ranging, and include (in no special order) zoroastrianism; farsi; arabic; the ancient near east; afrasian, indo-european & sino-tibetan lingustics and historical movements; the bon religion; queer & genderqueer issues; islam; women's rights; and science fiction.
if i had to pick favoured fiction authors, i'd stick c.j. cherryh's scifi series in there (but not her fantasy - ugh), le guin, and the divine joanna russ.
i also like visual fun: studio ghibli's films, battlestar galactica and doctor who & torchwood jump to mind.
that's all now. go on, write something somewhere.
- Find version of an article where text was added
- Cite Google Books tool
- Search for instances of an external link
- DAB fixer tool
- Number of article page views
- Upload images from Flickr
- Contributor stats for a page
- Number of watchers of a page
- Archive cited web page
- Citation templates
- Fix bare refs
- RfA Status
- Wikipedia coordination
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
- Wikipedia:Cleanup process
- Open arbitrations
- Stats for all projects
- Interwiki links
- Tasks needing help
counts • counts2 • article edtors • article hits • WikiDashboard • Watchlist counter • community portal • history • sources • cleanup • index • DGG • stylist • sum • IRC • tp standards • CatTree • CatTree2 • checkLinks • webCite • editSum • editor's index • AWB • google news • accessmylibrary
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at