|Search user languages|
|“||In many of the more relaxed civilizations, the Wikipedia has already supplanted the great Encyclopedia Britannica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects.
First, it is free; and secondly it has the words Come as You Are inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.
—with apologies to the D. A.
Welcome to the Land of Confusion
In the years to come, expect contributions in these areas:
- paradoxes in general
- some fan crud ;)
The twin paradox
If you need facts checked about the twin paradox (literature), or want a copy of a hard-to-get source, don't hesitate to contact me.
Fashioning articles is the goal. But this tends to overlook the fundamental value added by an encyclopedia through its encyclopedic research (ER (is) not OR). Collecting bibliographic information, and reviewing the quality of the sources establishes the factual basis from which articles derive their utility. The use or non-use of statements in the article is determined by the result of encyclopedic research. Consensus (other than that on WP:V) is secondary to that. NPOV is determined from the literature, anything else is madness. Notability is an arbitrary cutoff for pragmatical reasons. Many, if not most notability discussions are moot when viewed from WP:V.
What is the first step in writing an article about X? Finding the literature on X. This means that every article needs a comprehensive commented bibliography. The rest of the article should follow mechanically.
No, I am not related in any way to ParaDoctor - Psychic to the stars. Arrgghh!
Yeah, why free for workers?
Why free for workers?I don't accept the Wikimedia/Wikipedia project as the educator's starvation. It has to be discussed, before anything. The knowledge free for everyone, ok. But must the price be no-pay teachers, professors, writers, educators, experts? Yesterday was the Worker day, and the Wikimedia gift for workers in EDUCATION should be payment. If not, the rising "knowledge society" or "information society" will promote a "Wealth of Educations", but also the "misery for educators".
The Wikifoundation has million and million dollars for too several things, but for users? Users support the Wikimedia, it's deeply reasonable to pay who MAKES the Wikifoundation projects, like Wikipedia. This subject is also about License, that means also Copyrights. PAY AUTHORS NOW!!!
The World and Wikipedia by Andrew Dalby
With encyclopedic modesty Pliny has named his sources; but; with the insouciance of a second-rate Wikipedian, he provides no inline citations.
— chapter 2 Where it came from, page 20
- Chuck Norris vs. The Heap Chuck Norris vs. Infinity Power lunch Chuck Norris style Chuck Norris vs. Infinity: The Rematch
- German madhouse You don't have to speak the language, madness is international. ^_^
- Did he just give away himself?
- priceless, here's its country cousin, though this one would've been more elegant if anon had transcluded Special:BlankPage ^_^
- What has become of Perl golf? Or is that an example of Black Perl?
- Dream Team - Take a wild guess! :-))
- online or invisible, but you got to admit that the term is wonderfully apt ;)
- Young Virgin Auto-Sodomized by the Horns of Her Own Chastity I didn't make that one up, I swear!
- unsung hero
- that reminds me of the old idea for a perfect crime: kill all lawyers, and you couldn't be prosecuted due to lack of legal representation ^_^
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Education.|
- (found on Category:Education) isn't that a teensy bit tautological?
- We had a virgin, now the other half speaks: Sean Joseph O'Reilly. (2001). How to manage your dick : destructive impulses with cyber-kinetics : redirect sexual energy and discover your more spiritually enlightened, evolved self. Maryland: Auriga Pub. Group. ISBN 1580083501. (spotted this while researching a claimed RS)
- Fell nearly out of my chair when I noticed this link on the page on hotel toilet-paper folding.
- leakage, indeed :-))
- Shouldn't this count as routine calculation?
- can't argue with that
- Goya and Wikipedia: finally someone has courage to tell the real story.
- Gargamel's musings
- "The forces throng in this one."
- Templates that I sorely miss
- Adler's laws
- Nothing to laugh about. Seriously, they will come for you if you do.
- Spotted at Wikisource. Unremarkable? Sure, as long as you don't speak both English and German. It might be interpreted as "making love to a consanguine relative". ^_^
- Always, always put spaces after your commas!
- Ssymmety is important
- No uncited material, please!
- Britannica vindicated (refers to alleged copyvios of Macmillan Dictionary for Children and Scrabble)
- I think this explains everything about Microsoft.
- Overdue spelling reform, or just a case of clairvoyance?
- So that's how they financed the pyramids!
- I understand his enthusiasm.
- Everyone was a newbie once (first messages). ^_^
- But it's notable!
- The mad translator has struck again!. Though I'm not sure why. ^_^ International cooperation, I love it.
- Wikipedia is making progress. (noticed via this edit)
- An inquiring mind
- DVDm is taking his own advice ;)
- I think that explains it.
- Some Mathematicians enjoy dirty jokes so much that they write an entire paper just to make a horrible pun. ^_^
- that's right
- understandable complaint
- Par(adox) for the course.
- The long version of TL;DR.
- Edit summary: true story.
- Didn't see that one coming. :D