From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Search user languages|
Did you know...
From articles started by Pekinensis:
- ...that an industrial process for making instant mashed potatoes was patented in 1912?
- ...that chuño is a freeze-dried potato product made since before the time of the Inca empire by a five-day process of alternately freezing, sun-drying, and trampling under foot?
- ...that Saint Anthony's nut, popular with pigs as well as humans, is named for Anthony of Padua, patron saint of swineherds?
- ...that foxtail millet has the longest history of cultivation among the millets, having been grown in China since between three and four thousand years ago?
- ...that whole grains are often more expensive than refined grains because their higher oil content is susceptible to oxidation, complicating processing, storage, and transport?