Welcome to my user page.
My background is chemical engineering and information technology. I have worked as:
- Engineering group leader at a billion dollar manufacturing plant.
- Corporate staff engineer: evaluated technologies and performed preliminary cost and production estimates.
- Consulting engineer: lead process and mechanical engineer directing design teams on multi-million dollar projects. Developed Piping and instrumentation diagrams and performed material balances and energy balances and other engineering calculations. Wrote equipment specifications and functional specifications for controls. Directed development of general arrangement and layout drawings and other design work.
- Information technology business analyst: wrote requirements and use cases for interactive website for an affiliate of a leading internet company.
My main interests are historical economics, energy, technology and natural resources. I am an avid reader of economic history and the history of technology. My economics interests grew out of a life long curiosity about investing and the stock and commodity markets. My technology interests are heavily influenced by my engineering career, during which I had theoretical training plus hands on experience with many of the topics I write about.
My major Wikipedia contributions include creation of a section of Productivity that later became:
I also contributed extensively to sections of:
- Industrial Revolution
- Economic history of the United States
- Paper machine
- Kondratiev wave
- Mass production
- Second Industrial Revolution
- Economic stagnation
- American system of manufacturing
- Assembly line
- Agricultural productivity
- British Agricultural Revolution
- Continuous production
- Line shaft
- Factory system
A few short projects were parts of: