I was born in Brighton, England in 1980. In 1987 I moved to Cologne, where I still live. In 2000, I graduated from high school and have been studying at the University of Cologne ever since, with the exception of the 2003/2004, which I spent at the University of Rochester in Rochester, Monroe County, New York
Academically, my interests include American studies (literature, film & history), postmodernism, cultural studies & film studies, psychoanalysis & deconstruction / poststructuralism, race, gender & queer studies, globalization & diaspora / postcolonial studies, esp. Africana studies.
I stumbled upon Wikipedia in late February 2004 and was instantly enthralled. I've been a Wikipedian since February 27. Depending on how I am disposed on a given day, I write on any of the above, a vast array of pop-cultural topics, anything pertaining to Germany and biographies (because they are easy to do research on). I am very interested in adding more information on African culture, as this subject area has apparently been scandalously neglected in Wikipedia. I also translate articles from Germany's Wikipedia. For this reason I have recently joined the laudable WikiProject Countering Systemic Bias. I am also engaged in the 'Translation into English' and the Critical Theory projects.
Articles I've written (w), rewritten (r), translated (t) or significantly contributed to (c) - (s = stub)
nota bene: 220.127.116.11 was me, too, while I resided in Rochester
- Literature: Murakami Haruki (r) | List of African writers (w) | List of African writers (by country) (w)
- Politics: Theodor Heuss (t) | Roman Herzog (t) | Bundesadler (w/s) | Template:PoliticsGermany (w)
- Cologne culture: Willy Millowitsch (w) | Volkstheater Millowitsch (w) | Kölsch (beer) (r) | Kölsch (dialect) (r)
- Music: Beginner (w) | Brothers Keepers (w) | D-Flame (w) | Torch (rapper) (t/s) | Die Fantastischen Vier (t/s) | German hip hop (c) | Fettes Brot (t/s) | Krumping (w) | Samy Deluxe (w/s) | Afrob (w) | Rödelheim Hartreim Projekt (w)
- Media: Tagesschau (t) | Lindenstraße (t) | Das Erste (t) | ZDF (t) | Wetten, dass..? (t)
- Linguistics: Swahili (c)
- Philosophy/Critical Theory/Psychoanalysis: Oedipus complex (r) | Luce Irigaray (w/s) | Laura Mulvey (w/s) | Theodor Adorno (t) | Arnold Gehlen (t) | Paulin J. Hountondji (w/s)
- Pictures: University of Rochester, Mold, Rochester skyline