Rehnn83 (that's me) is a Wikipedia member, who tries to contribute positively to Wikipedia.
Who am I and what do I do?
I'm a Electonic Design Engineer so I have some small specialist knowledge in Embedded Systems (including a few programming languages), Control Theory and a little bit of Electonics. Outside of work my main intrets are Skydiving (and Aviation in general), American Football and some computer games.
My feelings on Wikipedia are:
- Wikipeda is an Encyclopaedia - it isn't a Web directory or a Search Engine.
- Wikipedia articles should aim to inform and (where possible educate).
- The majority of edits done on Wikipedia are done by volunteers in their own time, some edits will be good and some bad.
- Tiny minor edits to correct grammar or spelling are a good thing.
What I'm Working on
I keep my eye on various things in my Watchlist most of these are engineering based articles. I'm currently creating a series of articles about Parachuting in the UK.
Since discovering Userboxes I've really come to like them - I think they can form an appropiate part of a Wikipedian's user page. First of all some serious userboxes describing me and what I do.
And a few others just describing me.
Pages I've Created
I've started the following articles (excluding re-directs):
- Black Knights Parachute Centre
- British Parachute Association
- British Parachute Schools
- Cornish Parachute Centre
- Headcorn Parachute Club
- Ram Air Progression System
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (Army Parachute Association)
- London Parachute School
- North London Parachute Centre
- North West Parachute Centre