|Rkitko on other projects|
|Commons • Wikisource • Wikispecies • de.wiki • it.wiki|
Welcome to my userpage. It's not all that interesting and is mainly used for organizing my own wiki-material, but you're welcome to browse. Feel free to leave me a message.
A little intro: My name is Ryan, I'm 30 years old and currently live in Mount Vernon, Ohio. I'm most interested in the biological sciences, having graduated with a B.S. in biology with a concentration in botany from Lebanon Valley College and briefly pursued a M.A. in environmental studies from The Evergreen State College, though it didn't quite work out. I then spent three years as a research assistant in a microbiology lab at Kenyon College and now I'm currently enrolled in the evolution, ecology, and organismal biology (EEOB) PhD program at Ohio State University, researching plant systematics and ecology.
My primary focus on Wikipedia has been carnivorous plants, specifically the genus Stylidium. I have amassed quite a bit of information related to Stylidiaceae. I've also been dedicated to finding and uploading as many images and original sources as possible related to Stylidiaceae. I also organized WP:PLANTS and WP:CPS article assessment. Other periodic edits include cleaning up Category:Plants and subcats, sorting plant stubs and assessing WP:PLANTS articles, sometimes with the help of BotanyBot, which I operate intermittently. I recently finished off all the stubs for Utricularia and began working on Drosera, which I'm working on slowly when I have the time.
Questions and requests are always welcome.
- When finished updating to APG III, check the following for incoming links to old taxa to find missed taxoboxen:
- Expand all articles dealing with protocarnivory (Brocchinia reducta, Catopsis, Catopsis berteroniana, Dipsacus, Geranium viscosissimum, Ibicella lutea, Nepenthes ampullaria, Paepalanthus, Passiflora foetida, Plumbago, Potentilla arguta, Roridula, Capsella bursa-pastoris)
- More articles from Carnivorous plants of Ohio (1913): Silene antirrhina L., Silene virginica L., Silene noctiflora L., Silene regia Sims., Silene armeria L., Silene conica L., Silene caroliniana Walt., Tricuspis seslerioides (Mx.) Torr., Carduus muticus (Mx.) Pers., Carduus odoratus (Muhl.) Port., Parsonsia petiolata (S.) Rusby., Polanisia graveolens L., Circaea alpina L., Silphium perfoliatum L., Dipsacus sylvestris Mill.
- Rework and update Stylidium with new information
- Continue creating stubs for Stylidium species.
Finish creating Utricularia stubs.
- Finish creating Drosera stubs.
- Expand Drosera binata with taxonomy/botanical history info.
- Assess unassessed plant articles or unknown-importance plant articles for WP:PLANTS.
- Finish sorting out problems with Polbot creations at User:BotanyBot/sandbox2.
Continue to fix WPPLANTS-assessed talk pages of redirects by doing history merges.
- Sort through User:AlexNewArtBot/PlantsSearchResult daily.
- Catch up with my own backlog.
- Update the stubs section at Wikipedia:WikiProject Plants/Resources to reflect current additions to stub types.
- And more that I'm probably forgetting.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at