User:Rurik the Varangian
И слово вещее - не ложно,
И свет с Востока засиял,
И то, что было невозможно,
Он возвестил и обещал.
И, разливаяся широко,
Исполнен знамений и сил,
Тот свет, исшедший от Востока,
С Востоком Запад примирил.
О Русь! В предвиденье высокомВостоком Ксеркса иль Христа?
Ты мыслью гордой занята;
Каким же хочешь быть Востоком:
My name is Алекса́ндр Григорьев (Alexander Grigoryev). I am a linguistics and history student of Ukrainian descent living in Russia. I like to read and paint. My main interest is the history of Western and Asian technology and linguistics. On Wikipedia, I also contribute to articles on art and architecture.
Currently working on
- General clean up and monitoring of list of invention articles. I regularly remove entries that don't count as inventions.
- I regularly remove bad sources, misuse of sources, and text without sources from articles.
Articles that are starred are the ones that I created
- 2014 Crimean crisis
- Timeline of the 2014 Crimean crisis **
- 2014 Russian anti-war protests **
- 2014 Ukrainian revolution
- 2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine
Cleanup of nationalist and other POV edits
- I work to fight the use of unreliable nationalist sources in articles and will remove them if spotted. Nationalism by Chinese or Indian or Muslim POV warriors has been a huge problem on Wikipedia. It unfairly minimizes the many contributions to modern society by the Greeks and Romans, sometimes by misusing or cherry picking sources. I am not a European nationalist, just an editor who believes in Wikipedia's neutrality and reliable source policies. I regularly contribute to articles on the technology of Indians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Persians, Egyptians, and others.
- See User:Rurik the Varangian/Robert Temple cleanup for my ongoing efforts removing and revising content cited with an unreliable source frequently used in Chinese history articles
- See Wikipedia:Fringe theories/Noticeboard#Hinduwisdom.info and nationalist pseudoscience for my efforts to remove another unreliable source used in Indian history articles