Khan is my last name. I belong to a Pashtun tribe, . I live in Khadar Khani Chappargram, a village located in Battagram, KP, Pakistan. I am involved with my MD program in University of Medical Sciences, Cienfuegos. I can speak English, Spanish, Urdu and Pashto.
From today's featured article
, held at Fifth Test of the 1948 Ashes series The Oval in London from 14–18 August, was the final Test match in a cricket series between Australia and England. Australia won the match by an innings and 149 runs to complete a 4–0 series win. It was the last Test in the career of Australian captain Donald Bradman (pictured), generally regarded as the best batsman in the history of the sport. After a delayed start due to inclement weather, the Australian fast bowlers, led by Ray Lindwall, took all of England's wickets within the first day of the match, England scoring only 52 runs. When Bradman came out to bat, he received a standing ovation from the crowd and three cheers from his opponents. He needed only four runs from his final innings to have a Test batting average of exactly 100, but he failed to score and was out to the second ball he faced ( bowled by leg spinner Eric Hollies). The match was followed by speeches from both captains, after which the crowd sang " For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" in Bradman's honour. Having been undefeated in their matches up to this point, the Australians maintained their streak in the remaining matches, gaining them the sobriquet of The Invincibles. ( ) Full article...
Part of the series, one of Wikipedia's Australian cricket team in England in 1948 featured topics.
Turkey vulture – – Nativity (Christus) American paddlefish
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
– Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas. Community portal
– Ask questions about using Wikipedia. Help desk
– For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English. Local embassy
– Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects. Reference desk
– Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation. Site news
– For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies. Village pump
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the
Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in
English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 4,678,568 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
More than 1,000,000 articles:
More than 400,000 articles:
More than 200,000 articles:
More than 50,000 articles:
4 This user has set foot in
4 countries of the world.