User:Sam Spade/Theoretical Biases
- 1 General
- 2 Economics
- 3 Politics
- 4 Religion
- 5 Inspirational People
- 6 Politics
- 7 Ancient Greek Philosophy
- 8 Weltanschauung
- 9 Political Compass
- 10 Alignment
- 11 Quotes
- 12 Me
Pro (what I favor)
- Meritocracy / Hierarchy
- Eudaimonia / distributism / Integralism (Free education, mandatory Universal medical care, minimum needs met thru a single tax, allowing for a vibrant market, Sustainable charity and the organised rewarding of excellence)
Anti (what I oppose)
- Free will at the expense of Righteousness
- Neglect, waste and abuse
- Equality, Bureaucracy, and the rewarding of failure
- Corporate abuse and pollution
- genital mutilation, and excesses of sadism, Infanticide, and paraphilia
- Full employment
- Division of labour
- Taxation and regulation of pollution, vice and trusts
- No taxation and minimal regulation of small and family business
- Fair trade
- Starvation / stagnation of the people or their markets
- Trade barriers
- Regulation or restrictions of charitable NGO's
- Monopoly / lack of competition
- Sustainable, environmentally conscious hunting, mindful of animal rights and prevention of cruelty
- Paramilitary youth programs
- Gun Rights
- Imperialist Internationalist Paternalism
- Non-Lethal weapons, espionage, unconventional / Special forces, and other revolutionary military innovations.
- Affirmative Action / Govt. sanctioned Racism
- Conventional war and WMD
- Political Correctness / Censorship
- Fire and brimstone
- Atheism, Iconoclasm, and pathological skepticism
- Involuntary Damnation
Ancient Greek Philosophy
Philosophers I oppose
|You scored as Idealist. Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.
Most people just call me unclassifiable, or even right wing, however ;).
according to This incredibly long and thorough quiz:
You scored 59 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to value the need for group actions and group benefit over individual enterprise and benefit.
You scored 18 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate.
You scored 39 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.
You scored 79 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are more likely to favour international bodies over national ones.
You scored 96 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are more likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies.
You scored 51 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs.
You scored 39 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.
You scored 40 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to follow the philosophies of Marx.