User:Sam Weller/Martin Walker
This page has been removed from search engines' indexes.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
His book Dirty Medicine is about British medical politics. While documenting the licensing of AZT and what he describes as an assault on alternative medicine, he also reports on various groups such as the American National Council Against Health Fraud, the American Council on Science and Health, the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP), and the British Campaign Against Health Fraud (CAHF).
In Dirty Medicine, Walker alleges that the techniques used by these organizations involve the character assassination of alternative medicine practitioners and researchers, manipulative planting of press stories, removal of critics from professional registers, bringing people before disciplinary boards, bogus scientific trials, and undeclared work with large corporations. According to Walker, "All these things were linked to a kind of regulatory ground clearing exercise."
- 2006, Brave New World of Zero Risk: Covert Strategy in British Science Policy (self-published online text)
- 2005, Skewed: Psychiatric Hegemony and the Manufacture of Mental Illness in Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Gulf War Syndrome, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ISBN 0-9519646-4-X (self-published on Slingshot Publications)
- 1993, Dirty Medicine: Science, big business and the assault on natural health care, ISBN 0-9519646-0-7 (self-published on Slingshot Publications)
- With Extreme Prejudice: a study of police vigilantism in Manchester
- Frightened for my life; an account of deaths in British Prisons, with Geoff Coggan
- State of Siege: politics and policing in the coalfields. The miners strike 1984, with Jim Coulter and Susan Miller
- 2000, America Reborn: A Twentieth Century Narrative in Twenty-Six Lives.
- AltHeal.org - 'An Interview with Martin J. Walker', Louise Mclean
- Zero-Risk.org - Brave New World of Zero Risk: Covert Strategy in British Science Policy, Martin J Walker